Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Beginning Member
WHOSBAD is on a distinguished road

I really like the new wheels... plans for an upgraded spare? I finally cured my OCD with a matched spare for my winter wheels, now I just need to find another 31 for my summer set.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Those wheels look great! I was down around your way earlier this week. Too bad I was working and couldn't stop by.
Thanks! Hit me up if your ever around again.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WHOSBAD
I really like the new wheels... plans for an upgraded spare? I finally cured my OCD with a matched spare for my winter wheels, now I just need to find another 31 for my summer set.
Thanks! I think I'm going to sell my h2 wheels and buy a matching spare then scour CL till I find a matching tire.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Got my axle moved back today and took my measurements for my shaft and off to the driveshaft shop I went with my old shaft in hand! They are going to reuse the trans yoke and everything else will be new including the tube. I'll have it tomorrow afternoon so that's exciting. I also tore down the 231 case today to swap parts between it and the 233 tomorrow. I have changed plans again and I am going to run the 233 case for now with the wider chain and xj front out so Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to get that all switched around before my shaft is finished but we will see. I also ordered all new seals for it so I can install those while it's apart. So hopefully by Wednesday it will be back to a solid driving state for the first time in almost a year then it's just a matter of a few small things (crossmember and y pipe) to be able to get the front shaft on and finally be 4wd too

I've also got everything I need to get my hydro assist installed except the mounting tabs too I spoke with WFO and got those ordered in the size I need tonight on my way to pick up dinner. They should be here in about 3 days so I probably won't tackle that till next week but I'm excited to make that happen as well.

I've got a few other goodies I want to get ordered but not sure which order that will happen in yet so I'll keep those to myself lol!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

BEEF!

Old on the right new on the left!

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-7f444734-345f-4b90-b36f-dec3db77571a_zpsdyffxqhe.jpg  
Old 10-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

39.5's on a D44? Rex has a mall crawler, or pavement princess if you'd prefer :P

Driveshaft looks good. So do the new wheels and tires.

Why bother setting the hydro assist up on the 44?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Haha I'm gonna drive the crap outta it over the winter and hope it don't break! I'll find a 60 eventually. I look every day and as soon as the right deal is there I'll jump on it. I'm too patient to pay $1200 for an Axle that needs rebuilt either that or I'm too cheap lol!

And for the assist I may as well do it now cause then it's done for the 60 and I'm only out $16 in tabs since everything else will swap over.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

If you find a deal an a 60 any time soon, let me know and I might be able to take the 44 off your hands.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

It may be your lucky day!! I'll know tomorrow but I may have found a 60

Old 10-28-2015, 11:19 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Awesome! If you do, send me a PM

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build