Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

You guys are right I totally didn't think of that! I was thinking more in terms of an accident or something lol! Thanks again I will figure something out to hold it down.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by rexmburns
You guys are right I totally didn't think of that! I was thinking more in terms of an accident or something lol! Thanks again I will figure something out to hold it down.

jbolts and wash nut thru top.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Years ago i had a full size blazer, i thought id be smart and neat and put a box to hold all my offroad recovery gear in, put it in the back since it had chains binders winch cable and several other things in it i figured it wouldnt go no where.... boy was i wrong, this became a dangerous giant projectile when offroad in the woops i almost smashed my windows out. was pretty scary. `

Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Starting Member
Copperhead 2001 is on a distinguished road

Rex, not for a hold down, but since your dirty stuff, (straps etc) are underneath, how about a roll of that black auto carper (like at walmart) for the top. looks great, and keep nicer, and "seen" stuff on top?

Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I just looked at it it and I will be doing exactly what you said using a jbolt! The bars I put underneath will work perfect so that I can cut a larger hole in the top for access and still keep everything recessed and non obstructing to the flat surface on the top. I will get what I need and post pictures when I'm finished. Thanks for the tips and ideas guys!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That'll be an easy payment of $39.95 to each of us. :-)

Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Copperhead 2001
Rex, not for a hold down, but since your dirty stuff, (straps etc) are underneath, how about a roll of that black auto carper (like at walmart) for the top. looks great, and keep nicer, and "seen" stuff on top?

I like the idea! My only issue with that is that right now I can remove a handful of screws and pull the entire thing if necessary. I haul alot of large and odd shaped things for work and will need to remove it occasionally. I could just do it right and glue the carpet down and cut out the screw holes nicely. I do this all the time on custom furniture I repair anyway so its not to hard. We shall see what I come up with but keep the ideas coming guys its helping alot!!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
That'll be an easy payment of $39.95 to each of us. :-)
Haha thats more than I spent on the entire project so far!! I even went out and bought a new skil saw just for this and still came in cheaper lol!!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, give ya a discount and you complain? Sheesh, some ungrateful kids... lol

Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

HAHA yeah I'm a cheap a** what can I say!!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build