Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Need some help/suggestions on a build. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/need-some-help-suggestions-build-72748/)

jeff663 08-02-2012 10:22 PM

Need some help/suggestions on a build.

Hey all, new to the site. So i've wanted to get a blazer for quiet some time and finally years later i got a red 2d 2005 blazer. I want some things done to it, but don't necessarily know what the best parts are for it so I don't get ripped off.

I want some hid headlights, but don't know what some quality ones are. I have some in my current car which are prety cheap. :) I was thinking of getting anywhere from 6000k-10000k, or whatever is suggested.

Another thing I wanted done was to black out my tail lights. The current method I was thinking of using was vht nightshades, unless theres a better way?

With those two being said, is there any non-stock headlights/tail lights that look good?

And finally, in the long run was thinking of getting new rims (probably black) if anyone had any suggestions on those as well.

Haha quiet a few questions, but i want to make my baby look nice. Money isn't really that big of an issue btw, but would like to have some sort of budget:icon_toast:

ps: don't know if this is the right place to post this.

tibby 08-02-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by jeff663 (Post 533442)
Hey all, new to the site. So i've wanted to get a blazer for quiet some time and finally years later i got a red 2d 2005 blazer. I want some things done to it, but don't necessarily know what the best parts are for it so I don't get ripped off.

I want some hid headlights, but don't know what some quality ones are. I have some in my current car which are prety cheap. :) I was thinking of getting anywhere from 6000k-10000k, or whatever is suggested.

Another thing I wanted done was to black out my tail lights. The current method I was thinking of using was vht nightshades, unless theres a better way?

With those two being said, is there any non-stock headlights/tail lights that look good?

And finally, in the long run was thinking of getting new rims (probably black) if anyone had any suggestions on those as well.

Haha quiet a few questions, but i want to make my baby look nice. Money isn't really that big of an issue btw, but would like to have some sort of budget:icon_toast:

ps: don't know if this is the right place to post this.

As far as rims, many people like how the 3rd gen camaro wheels look on a blazer. They are gray but you could powdercoat them black or paint them black. Also crager soft 8s looks good on a blaze too.

As far as HID, ddmtuning.com has some quality hid kits imo.

There are good options for 98+ headlights and taillights.

I think led turn signals and projectors on the front look great!
Like this

Led taillights too!
Like this
or
Like this

Rottidog 08-02-2012 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 33806

I'd start with that... & maybe a six pack!
Browse around, look in the threads that have to deal with what you want. Search Search & search some more.
We don't know what 'looks good' to you. I like my Pro Comp 98 series rims, others like the camaro rims, some want 22's with rubber bands.

Your best course of action is to search, look at peoples rides, reads their profiles if you see something you like & then search it out in here for opinions & make decisions for what you like.

Then realize :icon_rolleyes: that adds up to a lot $$$ lol.

Odd - can you believe camaro came up in spell check? - Unknown. 1st word was Camry! lol uhhh No!

xgiovannix12 08-03-2012 12:01 AM

lol rotti that picture is coming to good use eh ?

Rottidog 08-03-2012 12:08 AM

Absolutely!
I wish they'd make it an avatar so it can be a regular item.

BTW wtf are you doing saying "EH"? You're in NY, not C eh N eh D eh! lol

xgiovannix12 08-03-2012 12:09 AM

haha its a habit i guess

Rottidog 08-03-2012 12:18 AM

Too funny because I - a Canadian hardly use EH. Trust me because when I do it's usually on purpose & the GF (an American) INSTANTLY reacts!
Boot is another, but it was really bad (for her) when I told her I pulled a spark plug wire & a boot came off so I had to get a new set.
She laughed ..... big pause - oh, you meant to say "aboot"!?
"Yes Dear" the silicone boot at the end of the spark plug wire.

247monster 08-03-2012 04:15 AM

if you get bored with search on that little tool bar there's photos too just look all over that for idea and see what you like i know i still do it alot but look at alot of minor details to alot of guys have debadged there rigs, painted bow ties is common and easy to do and can change the the look pretty quick

ebay is nice too type in halos for s10 and scroll untill you find something you like lol

one thing i would like to suggest i know alot of people have used nightshade (including me lol) but i just tryed this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gloss-Black-...ht_2870wt_1037
very very easy, clean, no dry time and no mess..kinda lol (you will need to trim it lol) all you need is a good razor blade hair dryer and a hardcard (drivers license works nice just tape off the ends with masking tape so it dont scratch the tint)

jeff663 08-03-2012 05:41 AM

ty all for the suggestions, i checked out the camaro rims, liked them, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for black rims. dont care for them too big 16-18"

bluedevil500 08-03-2012 11:11 AM

For HID kits, check out xenon supply. They are almost as cheap as the other kits, but I know their warranty is a lot better. I've used to recommend DDM for their cheap kits, but the customer service was non-existent and RUDE as hell!

Also, I would not go more than 6000k, in my opinion.