Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I got paid on Friday and......... radiator really starts to take a crap on me. Been getting to 235 after about 20-30 minutes of driving so this needs to be fixed. Oh and thats without running the AC when its been 90+ here in Fl. So Z28 rims have to wait until a week from this Friday to go on. Bought a new radiator and upper and lower hoses tonight. Current hoses checked out fine, but I figure while I'm already there I might as well replace these, and since the thermostat is new and the water pump looks new still, this will give me an almost new cooling system. So I'll get all of this installed tomorrow.

Short term to do list:
Radiator
Upper Hose
Lower Hose
Tires on Z28 Rims

Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Ouch, i was trying to think how it could go bad already but then again, you live in an all year round warm area, i go from 100 to -10 in a year. Don't mind me while i feel stupid for a minute

Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Got it replaced today. I've got one thing to say: GUMMED UP!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 PM

Okay, so cell phone pic, but here its is!

I like. A lot.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Those rims look awesome. Yeah I need to replace my radiator, too. I can't run aroud with the A/C on for too long or it starts pouring fluid. But I've flushed the system already, and just running water at the moment. That's getting replaced soon, though.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran

That looks great! i'm jealous of those wheels you got

Old 05-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by cbr995
Those rims look awesome. Yeah I need to replace my radiator, too. I can't run aroud with the A/C on for too long or it starts pouring fluid. But I've flushed the system already, and just running water at the moment. That's getting replaced soon, though.
Thanks! And FYI- I ordered my radiator online from Advance, where there was an online 10 or 15% off, and you could pick up in the store. Ended up getting my radiator for like $115.

Originally Posted by MTopper
That looks great! i'm jealous of those wheels you got
Glad to hear positive things! I was so nervous when it was time to put the wheels on because of the whole spacer thing, but it all worked out.

Next up is install the LEDs, idk when thats going to happen but it'll be by the end of this month.

Last edited by Phil; 05-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you know what your truck needds Phil?......................oktain's clear corners.

Topper & Matt are right, the wheels looks awsome.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran

old Skool, i'd have to completely agree with you on that. just the little things like that set it apart. and i love the look of my clears

Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phil
Thanks! And FYI- I ordered my radiator online from Advance, where there was an online 10 or 15% off, and you could pick up in the store. Ended up getting my radiator for like $115.
Finally bought mine. Got it from Advance for $106.70 through work.
I also got a hub assembly. It was growling really loud, so it was almost done. That was $162 from Autozone, but they price-matched Bennet's price of $140 I was going to get through the school.