Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Black ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Starting Member
Murphy Mumgart is on a distinguished road

Poor blazer
That is a very nice truck though.
I would like to do the same thing when i get some money together.
My blazer isnt big enough!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
much nicer lookin' than the white Silverado you (almost) had.

and cheaper too!

so that's why you chickened out of wheeling on Saturday. i'd figure it'd be the best way to give the ZR too it's ne owner........ALL COVERED IN MUD!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
much nicer lookin' than the white Silverado you (almost) had.

and cheaper too!

so that's why you chickened out of wheeling on Saturday. i'd figure it'd be the best way to give the ZR too it's ne owner........ALL COVERED IN MUD!!!
CHROME WINDOW VISORS????? get rid of them!!!!!

nice truck otherwise.

And Old Skool, you have some typos, have you been drinking some of Grandpa's medicine?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the new truck! I'm hoping to do a similar upgrade this summer, hopefully my dad's 2002 Silverado will make it's way down to me if he upgrades to a new truck lol. But I'm with MTopper on the visors, they gotta go!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys.

Jimmy is at my dads but he asked if he could actually get anything for it the way it was. I told him "yea, maybe a few grand but not anything much unless I put some money in it". So, I mentioned buying it a little later on for $2000 and he didn't say no. Not yes, but not no either.

Sierra is awesome! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visors aren't coming off. I have a buddy that is certified DuPont Painter and he said they came out with a plastic adhesion stuff that is applied like a primer but chemically reacts to the plastic and makes it tacky. He said the paint will never chip as it would if I just spray bombed them. I'll get him to do the stone guard too just so it matches.

Other plans for it are...

HD towing mirrors with arrow turn signal.
CHEVY GMC TRUCK POWER HEATED SIGNAL TOW MIRRORS KIT on eBay.ca (item 290548198544 end time 21-Apr-11 08:08:15 EDT)

New Z71 decals. These without the flames behind. The ad ended of the ones I want but they are a store so they will be back lol.
CHEVY Z71 SKULL-FLAMES DECAL SET-CHOOSE YOUR COLOR!!!! on eBay.ca (item 320654516509 end time 09-Apr-11 11:36:27 EDT)

Clearance Lights. Simple LED probably smoked. 2 single outer and the triple light single housing middle ones.

Already have tires ready for it. General Grabber Red Letters. 33' and probably 11-11.5 width with wheel spacers.

AVS/GTO headlight and tail light covers. Don't want to tint them with VHT because it will be used as a work truck with my dads business so I need to keep a nice look. Plus I will take them off at nights.

I'm sure more will come to me but that all I can think of in this mind set. (work 3pm till 1 am then up at 9 am. Then weekend back to normal time lol)

Oh...and if someone has some free time to do up a Photoshop rendering for me, that would be awesome!

Last edited by zedartwo; 03-27-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

sweet new truck
as for the headlights, i would probably go with a aftermarket one with projectors and put in HIDs. this way its functional and looks good.
im not a fan of those snap on covers.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I hate projectors and halos. I want to get the Blacked (Blued) out look.

Oh, and thanks by the way. Haven't heard from ya one here in a while.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Brad, I see you're going with the lifted tow rig look eh? You'll have to crank and maybe get some blocks from a non-quad cab for the rear suspension to get rid of your "cali lean" you'll have.

Getting rid of those Dueller's is the best thing you can do... I ****ing hated mine

Last edited by oktain; 03-28-2011 at 05:30 PM.