Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995
What? No! I was saying I have a stupid question. I originally had 2, but I got rid of one. I really want to know what to cover up in my engine. It's filthy!
Yea i apologize for that, completely my bad, i would just suggest degrease and power wash like mentioned before.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
EDIT: my bad i miss interpretted this if anyone saw that post! sorry cbr
Haha. It's alright. I read my post again, I guess it does sound like I'm being an ***.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by cbr995
Haha. It's alright. I read my post again, I guess it does sound like I'm being an ***.
lol it could be taken in a few different ways its all cool now though

Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member
Cuddie is on a distinguished road

a couple of reasons,... 1st if any water gets in the intake it will be digested by your engine in small amounts instead of pooling then getting sucked in all at once when you start it. and 2nd... if any water gets into the distributor then it'll stumble and you'll know right away and stop spraying it, that also means when it runs ruff after you know right away that there's water under your dist. cap.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddie
a couple of reasons,... 1st if any water gets in the intake it will be digested by your engine in small amounts instead of pooling then getting sucked in all at once when you start it. and 2nd... if any water gets into the distributor then it'll stumble and you'll know right away and stop spraying it, that also means when it runs ruff after you know right away that there's water under your dist. cap.
ha thats good enough reason for me, that would suck big time if you sucked a bunch of water in your engine without knowing...though it could be a good excuse for a rebuild

Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah rebuilds are great, as long as they are because you wanted to do it, not cuz you done blow'd it up! haha

Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Beginning Member

oh hey also a cap in your audio system is always a good idea. with out one, when big bass hits it trys to draw a ton of amps instantly from you stock electrical system. the battery takes basically a bunch of mini load tests and your alternator constantly gets momentarily full fielded. This is hard on the whole electrical system. not going to blow anything up in a short time but just put extra wear on those components.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

oh hey also a cap in your audio system is always a good idea. with out one, when big bass hits it trys to draw a ton of amps instantly from you stock electrical system. the battery takes basically a bunch of mini load tests and your alternator constantly gets momentarily full fielded. This is hard on the whole electrical system. not going to blow anything up in a short time but just put extra wear on those components.
I'd personally go with a deep cycle and a high output alternator. With his setup now he shouldn't have a problem. In my Camaro i have a true 1500 watt substage, 300 watt active front stage, carputer, and I've never had any problems with my 200 amp alt and my deep cycle. I did do the big three which is a great upgrade in any vehicle.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Ive heard so many different stories about caps in sound systems. Some people say you need them others say they are a waste of money, right now i do get slight dimming when some big bass hits but its not very bad or noticeable unless you are watching for it. I dont think i will get one unless i add another sub because its just not worth the money, but if i add another sub i will without a doubt be getting a cap. Thanks for the tips though, they are great and help me consider things i never have before

Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Beginning Member

yes to the higher out put alternator but no to the deep cycle batt. a deep cycle is designed to be run way down on it's charge and not charged up constantly. Also they don't put out high amps like a starting battery (normal batt.) also a cap would cost less then all that. not to sh*t on your suggestion though.

Quick Reply: Project Blazed