Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Cut off line on projectors is where the light beam is essentially "cut". Projector lights tend to have a plate inside to prevent blinding oncoming traffic by stopping light from coming out of say the top half of the lens.
It's kind of like covering half of the lens on a movie projector.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road

hey how did you tint your corner lights like that? i used VHT on mine and they started to crack and ****

Old 10-27-2010, 07:02 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road
Default projectors

i couldnt tell the complete cut off because i have not fully adjusted them since i have installed the halo wiring so ill adjust them and tell ya then but all in all i like them there better than my stock ones :P

Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road

oh and where and how much you get those clearance lights from?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FOGEL
oh and where and how much you get those clearance lights from?
Well to tint my marker lights i sanded them down to get all the lettering off, then did light coats letting it dry in between layers. Thats the strategy I've started to use in order to prevent it from cracking. Also i got the clearence lights from Advanced Auto Parts but i would strongly suggest getting something nicer like Recon's or something.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

How are you liking your day off of class Derek? gotta love voting

Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MTopper
How are you liking your day off of class Derek? gotta love voting
It was alright lol, too bad i dont have any money to spend on the truck so i could have something to work on lol.

Anyway christmas time is coming up and that means several upgrades will most likely be going into my truck. Here's what i've got running around in my head.

1. I am considering upgrading my system to two alpine type r 12 inch subs powered by there mrp-1000 amp, i would also be switching from a ported enclosure to a sealed enclosure for space purposes. Let me know what you guys think about that ideas.

2. I still have my stock rims on my truck and i was thinking about upgrading to cragars like everyone else. This is pretty straightforward however, i was wondering how much i could get for my old rims (5) considering they are all in good condition with some corrosion. Whats your opinion?

3. And my last idea is to buy some projector headlights for this baby and upgrade to HIDs. However, i dont want to skimp on the housings, i want something of decent quality that wont be very hard to fit. I haven't really started my research on this yet but im wondering how much that will be costing me, and how much the HID kits will costing me if i buy 2 6k kits.

So i know theres alot of questions here, and im just beginning my research on all of these, i just wanted to toss these ideas out here so you all know whats going on with my truck.

Thanks for Reading!
-Derek

Old 11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

hey Derek. usually blazer rims go for about $100-$150 on craigslist. the subs will get loud for you and sound pretty good. sealed with give you more punchy bass which is nice but it won't get as low as the ported.

2 HID kits will run you about $90-100 and projectors aren't bad but i don't like the look of the sets sold for our trucks.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

1.) I think if you are looking to conserve space just go with once sub. Insted of getting two subs get one that performs as good as two (DVC). that way you will conserve even more space without skimping on the punch

2.) I think getting cragars is a cool idea. I sold my saw blade rims (4 of them) for $100 and mine were in pretty nice shape.

3.) All projectors made for blazers are ebay junk quality except for one exception and you won't want to pay this much for headlights. They are $400-$500 a pair and are retrofitted projectors out of some kind of acura I believe. Don't get 6000K either... look at getting 4000K-4500K this is the closest to OEM and its OEM for a reason. 4100K is proven to be the closest comparable temperature to real sunlight. Anything above that is blue/purple, anything below that is yellow/green. But if you like the blue thats cool too they are still brighter than halogen bulbs

Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
1.) I think if you are looking to conserve space just go with once sub. Insted of getting two subs get one that performs as good as two (DVC). that way you will conserve even more space without skimping on the punch

2.) I think getting cragars is a cool idea. I sold my saw blade rims (4 of them) for $100 and mine were in pretty nice shape.

3.) All projectors made for blazers are ebay junk quality except for one exception and you won't want to pay this much for headlights. They are $400-$500 a pair and are retrofitted projectors out of some kind of acura I believe. Don't get 6000K either... look at getting 4000K-4500K this is the closest to OEM and its OEM for a reason. 4100K is proven to be the closest comparable temperature to real sunlight. Anything above that is blue/purple, anything below that is yellow/green. But if you like the blue thats cool too they are still brighter than halogen bulbs
1.) How big a size difference will i see in sub boxes between a single ported box and double sealed box?

2.) I'm pretty sure my dad will be getting me 5 cragar d windows,5x4.75 bolt pattern, 15x8" rim, 4" backspacing, from what i've read i believe i wont have any rubbing issues (maybe minor), does that sound good to you?

3.) Would it be better to just buy a single HID kit throw that in the low beams and calling it good rather than spending the $400-500 for projectors? How big a difference is the light output?

Quick Reply: Project Blazed