Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 09:23 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I take back what I said about my transfercase having a hairline crack. It was a little worse than I realized... It came apart in a few more pieces than it should have.

Got my fixed front output shaft swapped over to the new t-case and got the t-case back in the truck. Got a little bit more reassembly to do in the morning, and she will be rolling again- without spraying tranny fluid everywhere lol

Old 07-29-2018, 09:28 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Glad you fixed that one. Did it hit somewhere or just a crack that has extended over time?

Old 07-29-2018, 12:00 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh. Just needs a little JB Weld!

Old 07-29-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by error_401
Glad you fixed that one. Did it hit somewhere or just a crack that has extended over time?
My theory is that it cracked slightly at the end of last year when I lost both my driveshafts and broke my transmission crossmember. Then it opened up after some hard use.

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Funny thing...when it started leaking a little bit at the mud fest, me and my buddy crawled underneath and saw a tiny crack in the case. We figured might as well throw some jb weld on it to keep the fluid in so we can keep riding. That didn't work and the leak got way worse so I parked it.

now fast forward to this weekend. Me and same buddy pull the case out and find the massive crack in it. Then start cracking up as we look down and see the little spot of jb weld the size of a quarter - on a completely different section of case.

Got it all buttoned up today and she's driving around again- now without spraying tranny fluid everywhere lol

Old 08-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

A little aluminum brazing rod and you'll be good Or maybe its time to spend that money on an atlas

Old 08-09-2018, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by awesomeamerican1
A little aluminum brazing rod and you'll be good Or maybe its time to spend that money on an atlas
An atlas would be awesome. I gotta wait till I get a d60/14bolt combo first though!

Old 08-09-2018, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rriddle3
That's what I was going to say!

Old 09-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Well, at the off road event a couple weeks ago the Transfercase held up well. I blew a wheel cylinder going down the side of the mountain, so but was able to get it turned around and back to camp without brakes.

Did both new rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes and springs in the field and got it going again.... only to have both engine mounts and tranny mount let loose on me... right around this time:

after some research I found out the factory style mounts are problematic for everyone running more power or bigger tires/lockers on s-series trucks. Solutions were chaining the factory mounts so they couldn't pull apart, or running polyurethane mounts. I chose to get these mounts from energy suspensions because they have internal hoops to protect the mounts from pulling apart, so they're even more reliable than regular poly mounts, and I shouldn't have to worry about chaining them.
Also, here's one more picture from the event.

My blazer, the once-was Minnie Jimmy, and the sonoma which my girl has claimed to be her off-road toy lol.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:57 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Glad "you" found a use for the new Sonoma lol

as always, build is looking good

Old 09-12-2018, 08:22 PM

Thanks, blazen. Yeah she snatched that sonoma right up as her own lol. Wouldn't even let me drive it after I broke the blazer hahaha.

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer