Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Project Lil' Stinker (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/project-lil-stinker-83306/)

HotRodHearseGuy 01-18-2014 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 420Blazin4X4 (Post 615327)
Gonna look bad ass man..That's a great photoshop work also..Wish I could get someone to photoshop mine for me... Cant wait to see this done..

Thanks! I'm EXCITED about having a better idea of what its going to look like visually. I knew in my mind, but that's not quite the same as actually seeing it.

Shoot me a PM with your email address or attach a picture of your rig with what you're planning and I'll give it to my Photoshop guru!

HotRodHearseGuy 02-16-2014 08:37 AM

UPDATE:

TODAY is the day I can FINALLY go pick up my LS 5.3 V8 for Lil' Stinker! We've finally got some decent weather here in north Texas where I live and will be about as perfect weather as it can be for the swap too! Today they're calling for temps in the low to mid-70's with tomorrow thru at least Thursday in the MID-70's with a chance of some nasty weather showing up on the weekend.

Picked up the wiring harness and ECM at a salvage yard in Wichita Falls on Thursday - grand total was $216.00 (with tax) for it and the engine will be a straight $450.00. The engine I'm picking up is a 2004 or 2005 I was told with 87,000 miles on it so I do plan to install my LS1 heads and cam I picked up a couple of years ago (not knowing when or what I'd use them on) at a swap meet for really CHEAP money.

Ordered a set of the Trans Dapt LS V8 S10 engine mounts from Jeg's Performance for $91.99 with "free shipping" and are expected to arrive here on Monday morning via FedEx. Looked at the FedEx website and they were placed on a truck at 5:06 AM on Saturday morning.

I am looking for a wiring diagram for the LS series engine however. I have this massive pile of "spaghetti" attached to the ECM and some of the connectors are obvious, but the vast majority I'm clueless and would hate to hook up something wrong. I do know that it will lay out pretty much as it's suppose to, but would still like to have the diagram just to make things a bit easier.

Tajohns34 02-17-2014 07:25 AM

I can't wait to see how this goes.

Lanaue 02-17-2014 11:26 AM

I believe you can't hook up the wires wrong. They're made so they only fit one connector. Your going to be so happy with that 5.3. Good Luck with your swap.

4.3vortec 02-17-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy (Post 618813)
UPDATE:

TODAY is the day I can FINALLY go pick up my LS 5.3 V8 for Lil' Stinker! We've finally got some decent weather here in north Texas where I live and will be about as perfect weather as it can be for the swap too! Today they're calling for temps in the low to mid-70's with tomorrow thru at least Thursday in the MID-70's with a chance of some nasty weather showing up on the weekend.

Picked up the wiring harness and ECM at a salvage yard in Wichita Falls on Thursday - grand total was $216.00 (with tax) for it and the engine will be a straight $450.00. The engine I'm picking up is a 2004 or 2005 I was told with 87,000 miles on it so I do plan to install my LS1 heads and cam I picked up a couple of years ago (not knowing when or what I'd use them on) at a swap meet for really CHEAP money.

Ordered a set of the Trans Dapt LS V8 S10 engine mounts from Jeg's Performance for $91.99 with "free shipping" and are expected to arrive here on Monday morning via FedEx. Looked at the FedEx website and they were placed on a truck at 5:06 AM on Saturday morning.

I am looking for a wiring diagram for the LS series engine however. I have this massive pile of "spaghetti" attached to the ECM and some of the connectors are obvious, but the vast majority I'm clueless and would hate to hook up something wrong. I do know that it will lay out pretty much as it's suppose to, but would still like to have the diagram just to make things a bit easier.

your gonna wanna run the cable drivin throttle body (99-03?), it will cost alot more to run the electric throttle. i got my engine (6.0LS) going in a 00 GMC jimmy with bad head gaskits. i ended up selling my body that i had (02 chevy blazer) but i'm subed to this thread. im gonna see if i got the wiring harness diagram for you. i think i only have a few but im not sure on what there for.

HotRodHearseGuy 02-17-2014 08:09 PM

Hey y'all!

Wanted to touch base and say THANK YOU again to everyone and especially Nick Simmons Danielle Podeswik for the help on what I thought was going to be a nightmare with the LS wiring harness going into an older Vortec V6 Blazer. Started studying it and its not going to be as horrible as I was anticipating, that's for sure.

I was FINALLY able to get really into the teardown today and also managed to get the pics off my phone and onto the computer so I won't lose them. In the process, I also started a Public Photo Album on my Timeline on Facebook (HotRodHearseGuy is my username) called "Project Lil' Stinker" with the beginning stages of the teardown.

For some reason, the link when I post it for public access, it says its unavailable. I will see if I can get my PhotoBucket account up and going again and will post the pics there as well.

I also was given a link that has all kinds of wiring diagrams for adapting the LSx into most any OBD I/OBD II GM vehicle at LT1 Swap

HotRodHearseGuy 02-17-2014 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 4.3vortec (Post 619042)
your gonna wanna run the cable drivin throttle body (99-03?), it will cost alot more to run the electric throttle. im gonna see if i got the wiring harness diagram for you. i think i only have a few but im not sure on what there for.

I had already planned to run the cable throttle as I'm still hesitant about having the ECM have 100% control of my throttle. I know that the ECM still controls the TPS which in turn tells the injectors how much or little to spray, but it gives me that "feeling" I still have SOME control over what happens.

If you look in the comment above this that I made, there is a website LT1Swap that has various wiring diagrams for doing either a stand alone ECM/harness or even being able to swap pins and such and be able to plug into the Fuse and Relay Center that is under the hood.

I am still needing the actual LS wiring diagram that will show me what connector go to which plug-in, so if you have that, I'll be forever in your debt!

4.3vortec 02-21-2014 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy (Post 619079)
I had already planned to run the cable throttle as I'm still hesitant about having the ECM have 100% control of my throttle. I know that the ECM still controls the TPS which in turn tells the injectors how much or little to spray, but it gives me that "feeling" I still have SOME control over what happens.

If you look in the comment above this that I made, there is a website LT1Swap that has various wiring diagrams for doing either a stand alone ECM/harness or even being able to swap pins and such and be able to plug into the Fuse and Relay Center that is under the hood.

I am still needing the actual LS wiring diagram that will show me what connector go to which plug-in, so if you have that, I'll be forever in your debt!

i know most connectors will only fit one plug. i know on the rear of the engine there is a MAP and a oil sending unit and i believe and they look the same but have a diffrent molding to make them only plug into one plug. but ill look and see if i have pictures for it when i get home from school today (posting this in my GED class on school computers) but ill look for you and see if i do for ya.

4.3vortec 02-21-2014 06:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
the only pictures i have are these, (im not sure if they will show up im not sure how to upload them) https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1393029152
https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1393029152

HotRodHearseGuy 02-23-2014 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 4.3vortec (Post 619608)
the only pictures i have are these, (im not sure if they will show up im not sure how to upload them)

WOW! Pictures came out GREAT and are nice and large to view here and when I printed them off, they're nice and clear! The detail is plenty for what I'm needing to know.