Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Midnight Mudder

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough
Default Project Midnight Mudder

so i was driving down 165 in kenosha and saw a massive 86 K5. i thought it was going to be over 5K but lone behold he was asking 2K. so we come back the next day and we get it for 1800 including an extra TH400 trans and all the stuff to do the exhaust on it since its just open headers.

so here is what she looked like when i got her.

she is sitting on 15/38.5/15LT Super Swamper Boggers. they are brand new. it also has a 8in lift kit with lift springs in the front and lift springs and blocks in the rear. this thing is massive. the things i have to fix on it so far is that the fenders rub a lot when turning so im thinking of either trimming the fenders or putting a 3in body lift on her. someone is selling one for 100 on craigslist near me. the seats are all unbolted from the floor and the floor is basically welded together. there is no tailgate. (easy transplant from my 74) i think there might be a problem with the front axle since its disconnected and there is a problem with the hubs for sure. but then again easy transplant from the 74. the dana 44 would be better in there than that corp 10 bolt anyways. so those are the major problems so far. im looking to be able to register this thing and drive it on the street. but who knows. ill be sure to update with pics as i go along. enjoy everyone!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road

Badass blazer there, whatever you do, id keep those 38s on there, body lift it or some more lift if you gotta. You see everybody around NE wisconsin runnin 33s or 35s on there trucks

Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

im definatly keeping the 38s thats not an issue. ill probably get a 3in body lift. thats what my dad wants me to do so ill do that.

and yesterday i changed the front diff fluid seeing how there was none in there. one of the hubs is bad so those need replacement. and i slapped the headers off the 74 on there and then it got dark fast.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

That is gonna be a beast offroad!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

What... no muddin' pics yet? lol

Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

^ Yeah for real!

Old 11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

Nice high Ride.

I would install a body lift. In my opinion it´s better than trimming the fenders.

But it looks really awesome.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

wow i wish there was one of those around here. there is a red and black k5 on 35 swampers of some sort for sale. but its pretty straight (road princess) so i didnt even bother looking at the price.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member
Red Devil is on a distinguished road

looks good Zach. one of these days I will get down there to help you work on it. And as for the front axle, the corporate 10 is a fine axle, nothing wrong with it. no point in swapping it til we wreck it at procs lol. And you can try the hubs off the 74 but you are better off with a new set of warn free wheeling hubs.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

His 74 has solid pucks in the hubs on the front due to the NP203 full-time 4wd transfer case. They are good to keep with you in case you break a lock-out hub while wheeling.

Quick Reply: Project Midnight Mudder