Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Ok since the Canadian picture vultures are circling (your national bird ironically) and since i wanted my 2000th post to be in my build thread (though ideally it would be unveiling my 6" superlift....) here it is:

Enjoy....

Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I want one.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran

you want one...what? 6" SL?
me too!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

The basket lol. I would like a 4 door too.

I think i'm only going to get a 5 inch kit because I really don't want to mess with the new axle I'd need.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Where'd you get that basket? Did I miss it when you said it?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Chris. I'm gunna drive to the GTA and then you can take over from there and we'll head down to Oregon. Then we'll steal all of Curtis' stuff
no problem Alex. and it's "swap" & "long term borrow", 'cause stealing is wrong.

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Hey,
if were making the trip to Oregon and stopping in the GTA youll have to pass through Cambridge to hit the Windsor border to get through Detroit so you may as well pick me up and we can make a party out of it.
And Curtis lets get a move on and see some progress.
Devin, glad to see you're still around, haven't heard from you in awhile. sure, no problem. we should get Pat too, we'll take the whole crew.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Well after you pick up Chris, you might a well take a 45 min trip north and pick me up. Hell, I'll buy timmies!
now it's becoming a party! how about you just drive down to my place, you can park your truck in my driveway. Shany Bay is in Oro-Medonte (just East of Barrie) right?

the way things are shaping up, we should road trip to Curtis in the Summer, that way we can all ride in comfort in my 'Burb-plus diesel is cheaper, and she gets better fuel mileage too! hell the hugh tank makes for great road trips, less stops.

Originally Posted by ABN31B

FINE damn it! I'll set some stuff up... just dont bring you flannel shirts, syrup dipped beards, and soft french accents down after me!
sorry, don't own any flannel shirts, and i don't even speak French (barely). don't worry, we'll make sure Pat behaves.

Ok since the Canadian picture vultures are circling (your national bird ironically) and since i wanted my 2000th post to be in my build thread (though ideally it would be unveiling my 6" superlift....) here it is:

Enjoy....
i don't see anything new in these pic's................

Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran

eat me old man

it was the 2k post so i threw new PICs up... no new parts.

the basket is a yakima loadwarrior cargo basket with center extender, air damn, and cargo net.

it came with my mom's 2006 4x4 Explorer. the silver reflective "Explorer" decal is trapped in the bed liner and should be smothered dead by now infact

it's pretty bad ***. I have climbed up on it to test its strength and it took me 200lbs just fine.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

eat me old man

it was the 2k post so i threw new PICs up... no new parts.

the basket is a yakima loadwarrior cargo basket with center extender, air damn, and cargo net.

it came with my mom's 2006 4x4 Explorer. the silver reflective "Explorer" decal is trapped in the bed liner and should be smothered dead by now infact

it's pretty bad ***. I have climbed up on it to test its strength and it took me 200lbs just fine.

that's why you have a wife.

i thought so, 'cause i'm scratching my head going, "didn't he take a bunch of daytime pic's when he did this?".

indeed it is Curtis, that's why Alex want's it so bad. and because of you, i've been lookin' @ used ones online now (thanks!).

Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Nice! The basket looks really good Curtis. I'll have to have one someday for my truck.
Do you actually have a 6" SL, or is that just wishful thinking?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
BF Veteran

LMAO... if i had a 6" SL it would be for my 84 K series Blazer not this
BTW the 84 K is not mine yet... i just need to fine $500 real quick
*collects some cans* damn it this will take for ever!

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord