Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Project Sasha (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/project-sasha-66441/)

89Recon 12-29-2011 09:31 PM

Project Sasha

Okay so I have finally decided to break down and create a build thread I will start by giving you all a little more info on it. It's a 1989 S10 Blazer 4WD it has a 4.3 V6 with a 700R4 transmission. I picked it up for $600 from some guy on Craigslist with mileage unknown odomoter reads 176,050 ?? who knows anyways it needed a new P/S front CV axle and an alternator to be in running and driving condition so those were the first things I ever repaired on it after that it has had some minor things go wrong here and there such as headlights going out, both door handles breaking ( I have to open the passenger door so I can open the driver door from inside ) rear P/S leaf spring breaking which I still need to get repaired, lots and lots of rust and many other little things that are just common to Blazers I will be replacing the distributor cap, coil, and rotor within the next 2-3 days and I will try to get some photos posted as soon as I get my camera working again. Stay tuned because I think this will be interesting for a lot of you :D

UPDATE 12/31/11 : I have a whole new set of spark plug wires I am going to install later tonight just have to wait for my wife to get home with the truck lol shouldn't take me too long to do though. I decided instead of doing the cap, coil, rotor I am going to try replacing the wires first and see if that solves the problem if not then I will replace the cap, coil, rotor. I will also try and post some pics since I have none on my build thread yet ... I promise they are coming soon though :)

89Recon 03-28-2012 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay so I haven't been on here in a long time and I haven't updated my build thread at all so I am going to give an update finally I have decided to paint the entire rig blue I already started and I have the driver side fender and the hood mostly done still have to clear it and buff it out with my compound but I think it looks pretty decent so far. I put a photo here it is just of the driver side fender and yes I use trash bags and painters tape to mask everything off with lol let me know what you guys think of the color. I also found out what was wrong with my brakes and it is not pretty I have a bad proportioning valve, basically all the lines are rusty and then one of the lines is sitting crooked in where it supposed to be and that is where it is leaking from ... so yeah just one big mess but at least I will have a bright blue mess and it will look better imo anyways that is the news for now stay tuned for more updates I promise they will not be so few and far between.

xgiovannix12 03-28-2012 11:55 PM

wtf dude you still driving it like that ???? FIX YOUR BRAKES MAN =P

TheRandom1 03-29-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 509554)
wtf dude you still driving it like that ???? FIX YOUR BRAKES MAN =P

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Dude, not fixing your brakes isn't funny, it's damn stupid. Fix them before worrying about other stupid crap!

atvwarrior 03-29-2012 08:14 AM

I once lost my brakes on my blazer on my way to work , and I used 4 low to get the rest of the way to work , it was not fun . I have drove race cars and mud trucks all my life and been in some scary spots , but that was the scariest . Just the thought of accidentally hitting someone else's family made me nervous as hell . Get your brakes fixed before you hurt yourself or someone else .

89Recon 03-29-2012 11:56 AM

I know I need to fix my brakes !!! but it is kind of hard when you don't know how to do it yourself and getting it fixed by a mechanic will be anywhere from $300 - 400 and take 2 or more weeks I don't have that kind of money OR time I work 2 jobs and they are both a 20 minute drive from where I live and before anyone says anything I have no one that will give me a ride ... so getting it fixed at the moment is not possible I really wish it was but unless I quit both my jobs and stumble upon $300 -400 I will just have to keep a close eye on it I know that might sound stupid to a lot of you but it is my only choice. Unless someone on here has a better idea.

TheRandom1 03-29-2012 12:03 PM

Research and fix it like anybody else does. Brake lines are fairly cheap and pretty easy to replace. How about instead of wasting money on paint and using your time online to PM people whining about them being mean and judgemental you use that time to research how to fix your brakes so you don't kill someone?

swartlkk 03-29-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 89Recon (Post 509633)
I know I need to fix my brakes !!! but it is kind of hard when you don't know how to do it yourself and getting it fixed by a mechanic will be anywhere from $300 - 400 and take 2 or more weeks I don't have that kind of money OR time I work 2 jobs and they are both a 20 minute drive from where I live and before anyone says anything I have no one that will give me a ride ... so getting it fixed at the moment is not possible I really wish it was but unless I quit both my jobs and stumble upon $300 -400 I will just have to keep a close eye on it I know that might sound stupid to a lot of you but it is my only choice. Unless someone on here has a better idea.

Guess you have a multi-million dollar insurance policy on the truck and are just waiting to crash so you can cash in on it!

But what you are really saying is that you don't want to mess with it, can't pay to have someone else mess with it, and are OK with the potential for bodily injury to you or someone else. :icon_dunce: No matter how good or safe you think you are behind the wheel, there are circumstances everyday that even the most seasoned of drivers can avoid with properly functioning equipment. Throw in the known & expected malfunctions you currently have and it is a recipe for disaster. Why take the chance that your rusted brake lines could fail leaving you with absolutely no brakes when that kid chasing a ball runs out into the street in front of you (hypothetically speaking).

Here's a thought... Ask for help and try the repair yourself! It is a very rewarding accomplishment to achieve and look at the experience you would gain and have to gain from (those of us on the forum).

The flawed logic and misguided priorities of the majority of people out there never ceases to amaze me. But it is getting ridiculous. Just last week I saw a school teacher driving through a crash scene grading papers on her steering wheel. Never once looked up and only slowed down because the truck in front of her was turning. She almost ran over one of our fire fighters as she swerved to avoid the truck...! A school teacher!:icon_deadhorse::icon_hijack:

atvwarrior 03-29-2012 02:49 PM

We are only saying this for your own safety and the others you may come in contact with , I wish I could help more , I am doing a sas swap on my blazer so I do have new calipers and pads and rotors all under lifetime warranty , you pay shipping and if it'll help you out there yours . But by the sounds of it you have a line broken so it probably won't help . Brake lines are actually very easy to do , pm me if you need to and I would be glad to help , be safe my friend .

xgiovannix12 03-29-2012 06:32 PM

Come on man your smart enough to change brake lines ......

go get lines at your local auto parts and bend them into shape so they fit like the old ones do

or replace the broken portion of the line by flareing it and putting brake fittings

this should cover what you need to do to make the lines

How to Replace Steel Brake Lines : How to Make a Custom Brake Line - YouTube

auto parts sells the lines by the foot and the fittings you will need
remember there is different sizes so make sure you get the correct size for your truck

I forgot to add that you need to bleed the lines after doing this process to get full use of your brakes again

if you lived closer id do them for you ....