Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Purple Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Love the view, nice pics

Old 12-15-2019, 10:36 AM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Thanks Don. There are awesome views from all over our valley.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:56 PM

It's been about 6 months running the 35s on the Jimmy. It needs a front end rebuild but it needed that before the big tires. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far and the front diff and cv axles are still holding up. Mud, snow and a few recovery missions.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:38 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Lookin' good!

Old 12-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Starting Member
03jawja is on a distinguished road

Looking good

Old 12-25-2019, 07:44 PM

Thanks. Still have a lot I want to do.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:23 PM

Happy New year! We a have a pretty decent storm today so we loaded up in the Jimmy to go out and see who we could help.

I wanted to try out my receiver shackle I built.

Help a couple vehicles that had slide off the roads and helped one guy put chains on. Of course no pics but the wife and I had fun showing the kids why my Jimmy is set up the way it is and why I carry the items in it that I do. My boy asked if I charged anyone for helping them today. Told him no, because one day we may need help.
I will be changing out my $30 Amazon fuel pump this weekend though. Hard cold start this morning and then almost a total loss of power. I will be going with another $30 pump though. Hopefully it will make it more than a month this time and will be buying a Delphi when money isn't so tight.

Old 01-01-2020, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Happy New year! We a have a pretty decent storm today so we loaded up in the Jimmy to go out and see who we could help.

Help a couple vehicles that had slide off the roads and helped one guy put chains on. Of course no pics but the wife and I had fun showing the kids why my Jimmy is set up the way it is and why I carry the items in it that I do. My boy asked if I charged anyone for helping them today. Told him no, because one day we may need help.
I will be changing out my $30 Amazon fuel pump this weekend though. Hard cold start this morning and then almost a total loss of power. I will be going with another $30 pump though. Hopefully it will make it more than a month this time and will be buying a Delphi when money isn't so tight.
You got a lot more snow than we did up in North Idaho. Today it is about 45 degrees, sunny and windy. It feels more like March.

Am I guessing correctly that you are in Oneida County?

And good for you for going out to offer help to others. It also keeps you sharp in case you need to recover yourself! :-)

Old 01-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Yes Im in Oneida country down here on the Idaho/Utah border. We got 6-8 inches today. We always go out during/after storms to see who we can help. You are right keeps me in practice for self recoveries.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:12 PM

Haven't had time to get any work done to the Jimmy but that doesn't mean the Jimmy hasn't been doing work! With the snow we've had it has been on quite a few rescue missions. This was todays.

Father in law blew the belt on his side by side.

Quick Reply: Purple Jimmy