Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   S10 Blazer '88 in Belgium (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/s10-blazer-88-belgium-85190/)

SimonV 04-01-2014 02:46 PM

S10 Blazer '88 in Belgium

2 Attachment(s)
I bought my first USA car, a Chevrolet Blazer S10 Sport. Only has 33k miles on the clock. I am not sure yet where I am going to take this, it's not going to be a daily driver.

Plans: LPG conversion, gas is really expensive over here. Hopefully I can replace the original gas tank with a small one to make place for the LPG tank. Otherwise I have to put one in the trunk but I am losing cargospace then. Lifting it, wider and bigger wheels...

However, first things first. Although it was barely used and never used for offroading it needs some good cleaning and polishing. Bottom and chassis has a lot of surface rust so today I steam cleaned it at work and I bought some Hammerite direct to rust primer that will convert the surface rust. After that I will spray anti-gravel primer to protect it from our very salty winter roads. Will post pictures later on of that.

Here it is:

Blazin_Jason 04-01-2014 07:49 PM

Can't say I've run across to many propane swaps for these. That thing looks to be really clean!

SimonV 04-02-2014 03:28 PM

I can't compare with others. But most of them that are for sale over here have *A LOT* of miles with propane conversion. I had the luck to find a low mileage one.

I am not sure the valve seats are going to like propane, so I suppose I am going to have to install a valve lubrication system like flashlube or maybe I have to invest in hardened valve seats.

Lippyp 04-08-2014 09:47 AM

Mine runs on both gas and propane, its not the worlds best LPG setup as its just has a mixer ring in the inlet hose. If you want the best then you want a proper multipoint sequential setup with individual injectors in the inlet manifold runners, its a much more involved installation but it will run as smooth as it does on petrol/gas. Mine came ready converted but if I could find a cheap used multipoint setup I'd consider swapping it in. I have had no problems with valve seat recesion, these things run on unleaded with no problems. I am currently running AC Delco irridium spark plugs with it.

SimonV 04-09-2014 04:00 AM

Just passed mot today.

If possible I do want MPI propane injection However this is not always possible with a monopoint injection. As far as I know only Bigas supports this.

SimonV 04-09-2014 04:18 AM

And are you sure about the valveseats ? How many miles did you do so far on propane ? There are lubrication kits on the market to lubricate the seats while driving on propane like the ones from Flashlube.

Lippyp 04-10-2014 03:37 AM

Obviously without taking the heads off I can't be sure about the valve seats but it seems to be fine, plenty of power, no smoke. I have no idea how many miles its done on LPG as it was converted several years and several owners before I bought it.

I'm no expert but I thought most sequential kits were pretty universal.

SimonV 04-10-2014 03:48 AM

Maybe someone before you has put in hardened exhaust valve seats ?

Lippyp 04-11-2014 03:03 AM

Possible but bearing in mind it still had the original distributor cap, rotor, leads and spark plugs I'd say thats unlikely!

abig84 04-11-2014 11:34 AM

pretty clean truck. do they salt the roads over there in the winter time? ive owned a few older s10s and were very rusty when i got them