Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   s10 blazer sas (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/s10-blazer-sas-97779/)

mckinstryj 09-17-2018 08:18 PM

s10 blazer sas

im wanting to get a s10 blazer and sas it, its gonna be for the trails only, ill drive it on road tho to the trails, i planned on running a dana 44 front and like ford 9" rear and run 35s and i guess try to find some dodge dakota leafs from like lkq, so i just gotta find any dana hp 44 thats around 60" wms to wms? or do i need to run a certain dana hp 44?

Tom A 09-17-2018 08:28 PM

Narrow-track Wagoneer axles are pretty popular. They're widely available, relatively cheap, and pretty close to the right width, though I don't know exactly how wide off the top of my head.

mckinstryj 09-17-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 695962)
Narrow-track Wagoneer axles are pretty popular. They're widely available, relatively cheap, and pretty close to the right width, though I don't know exactly how wide off the top of my head.

i can't find any wagoneer axles, i found no dana 44s on craigslist, i only found them on facebook market place, i found a hp dana 44 on there that came from a from a 68 f100 for $250 but i don't know if that'll work or not, and idk what gears i should run

Tom A 09-17-2018 08:56 PM

You might have to keep an eye out for a bit. They're out there. Make sure you get one with the differential on the proper side, or you'll have to change the transfer case. Scout axles will also work, but they're much harder to find than the Waggy ones.

I don't know where you're located, but I got one once from a Jeep-only junkyard near Sacramento (J&W Jeep). They have anything you could need.

As far as gears go, 4.56 or 4.88 would probably be pretty good all-around with 35s and an overdrive transmission.

mckinstryj 09-17-2018 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 695967)
You might have to keep an eye out for a bit. They're out there. Make sure you get one with the differential on the proper side, or you'll have to change the transfer case. Scout axles will also work, but they're much harder to find than the Waggy ones.

I don't know where you're located, but I got one once from a Jeep-only junkyard near Sacramento (J&W Jeep). They have anything you could need.

As far as gears go, 4.56 or 4.88 would probably be pretty good all-around with 35s and an overdrive transmission.

okay sounds good

mckinstryj 09-19-2018 08:36 PM

what year dodge dakota should i get leaf springs from? is there any other springs i can use? besides rancho, what length springs should i use?
thanks

Tom A 09-19-2018 08:47 PM

I think any second generation Dakota rear springs will work. I'm running full-size Chevy lift springs, front and rear (47" front, 52" rear) with one front leaf removed and the bottom overload leaf removed from the rear.

mckinstryj 09-19-2018 09:32 PM

okay so should i run the rear dakota springs for my front and rear or will i need different length springs front and rear?
thanks

Tom A 09-19-2018 10:30 PM

Yup, run those on the front. I think the pin offset is too much for the rear unless you want to stretch your wheelbase. The stock springs will work fine in the rear if you put them over the axle and keep the front height reasonable. Or you can use 52" full-size Chevy springs, which I believe will move the rear axle back one or two inches.