Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Starting my costem build in 2 months and counting (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/starting-my-costem-build-2-months-counting-74105/)

Steve Mitchell 09-28-2012 10:21 PM

Starting my costem build in 2 months and counting

so i have a 95 blazer 2wd with a spindle lift on it already im doing custem welding to fit a solid axle in the front i had laying around from my old jeep its a dana 44 and doing a dana 44 rear also and converting to over leaf both with arb air lockers i had on my jeep
Going to do a 6 inch suspicion left and 3 inch body lift
15,000 winch with arb winch bumper
Custom roof rack
Custom tire gate with jerry can holders and high lift
and dont no what else to do so anymore thoughts just post em thanks for reading

Carrico4 09-28-2012 11:06 PM

What else to do is not to do the body lift! if you do, get some like 1in body lift pucks from diy4x4.

Depending on what leaf springs you use, since you sead they will be leafs, 6in suspension can range from 33s to 40in tires, are you going sua (spring under) or soa(spring over). Also speaking of, what are your goals with it, tires, gears, and plans for trails etc

Ill be as much help as i can, I would also suggest upgrading your alternator and wiring
Big Three (Big 3) Upgrade How-To - S-10 Forum
How To: High Output AD244 Alternator for ~$80 - S-10 Forum

I recommend those just for the winch alone, but also because the electrial isnt always the best.

Any questions i can help with just pm me or post on my build. I love SAS blazers.

rexmburns 10-04-2012 09:14 AM

Sounds like you have a plan but you may want to do a bit more research first! They don't make a 3 inch body lift for a 95(not that it can't be done. Like carrico said don't even bother with it. If your doing all the suspension work get your lift that way it will look a 1000 times better in the end. The reason I think it will look horrible with the BL is that the frames are already very low compared to the body and with a bunch of susp lift you will see more frame to start since the truck will be higher. If you add a BL then you will see pretty much the entire frame and it will just look silly.

A 15,000lb winch is a bit of overkill don't you think? Save yourself a grand and just get a 9500lb most guys run with these and have zero issues getting themselves out.

Are you planning on modding a ARB bumper form a different vehicle cause they don't make one for any s-series vehicle?

Steve Mitchell 10-05-2012 11:00 AM

Just keep in mind this is stuff i already have from my last jeep that i nvr installed all that i listed i have in my garage Exept the body lift was going to use one of the toyota a buddy of mine has his lifted with a body lift doesnt look that bad and he took the messurements and the spacers will fit but still debating wither or not to use them it already goning to look a little werd with the my jeep stuff on it and runnin solid axle on the front witch happens to be a dana 44 that i have and dana 44 rear also , But here is the down side My transmission went out All silinods are are bad and slippping horribley when driving so now i need to either get another trannsmission or just sell the blazer and if i were to sell it all id ask is for $1,800 sence it needs a transsmission witch i could get it for someone if they wanted to buy it for $400 bucks but idk still thinkin on what to do with it

Steve Mitchell 10-05-2012 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns (Post 543902)
Sounds like you have a plan but you may want to do a bit more research first! They don't make a 3 inch body lift for a 95(not that it can't be done. Like carrico said don't even bother with it. If your doing all the suspension work get your lift that way it will look a 1000 times better in the end. The reason I think it will look horrible with the BL is that the frames are already very low compared to the body and with a bunch of susp lift you will see more frame to start since the truck will be higher. If you add a BL then you will see pretty much the entire frame and it will just look silly.

A 15,000lb winch is a bit of overkill don't you think? Save yourself a grand and just get a 9500lb most guys run with these and have zero issues getting themselves out.

Are you planning on modding a ARB bumper form a different vehicle cause they don't make one for any s-series vehicle?

Yes im planning on useing the one i already have that was made for my jeep so im custum bulding it to the frame

rexmburns 10-05-2012 12:04 PM

I'm not doubting you at all I just want to make sure you're aware is all! We get alot of people that sign up and post up huge wish lists of things that don't even exist for our trucks and then we think we are being mean or rude to them when we tell them they need to slow down and do some research first.

A BL on a Toyota is a little different than on the blazers. Look at your truck and you sill see how far down the frame hangs below the body line and with the BL that gets way worse. Some people don't mind it I just don't think it looks all that great. Now if you have some fab skills which it sounds like you do then you could build some custom sliders that will hide allot of the gap and that would be pretty sick. I think warthogdriver has a 3in BL but he has steps that help to hide the frame a bit. Take a look at his truck.

Another member on here made mounts to fit a jeep bumper on the frome of his truck and personally I don't really like it. I just fits kinda funny and is a little to wide for the front of the truck. I don't remember his name right now tho sorry. Again not saying it can't be done its just gonna take a bit of wirk to make it look right.

And for the axles what side drop is the front? They need to be passenger side drop and I know only a few jeep d44s came that way mostly waggys I believe. You have to check that out cause otherwise your current axle may not work without a bunch of work in swaping tcases and such to get the proper drop.

Again I'm not trying to put you down I love watching build threads and plan to do my own sas I just want to make sure you know what you need is all and don't end up getting to the point of no return and saying oh sh**!! I'll be wathching keep us updated!!