Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Best Carpet Cleaner? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/best-carpet-cleaner-46208/)

m3ch 06-27-2010 06:41 AM

Best Carpet Cleaner?

sooo, i got the smell of dog, and idk what else in my truck, of course like any puppy would, they pee'd in my truck, but this was like a year ago, and ive used lysol solution, steam cleaner, bleach solution, febreze

has any one used blue coral stuff? or maybe a 3m pet cleaning thing with the brissle attatchment?

Swain 06-27-2010 06:30 PM

If it really smells bad I would pull it all out and pressure wash it at a car wash. While it is hanging outside to dry on a nice day make sure you clean everything under the carpet good with lysol or something. Think of it as having a paper towel on your counter in the kitchen and spilling some water on it. Not only is the paper towel wet the counter underneath is too. And if you've never sprayed fabric floor mats at a car wash with their high pressure hoses they do some job cleaning them.

Gyllom 06-27-2010 10:18 PM

You can try Turtle Wax or Simoniz carpet cleaners, they're both spray cans with a brush around the spray hole.

GreekPower 07-02-2010 02:00 AM

my suggestion would be a carpet shampooer, but for me if I'm going to invest all of that time I would pull the carpet all out and powerwash it so I can really scrub and soak it.

One benefit of this is if you want to dye the carpet you can do it while the carpets out

m3ch 07-03-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by GreekPower (Post 342760)
my suggestion would be a carpet shampooer, but for me if I'm going to invest all of that time I would pull the carpet all out and powerwash it so I can really scrub and soak it.

One benefit of this is if you want to dye the carpet you can do it while the carpets out

white, champaign, and black, would look kinda sexy

cbr995 07-03-2010 08:58 PM

Yep, the best way is to take it out, and pressure wash the carpet, then let it air dry.
Blue coral works good, but it's best to spray it in, then brush it out AFTER the wash.

MrJP 08-07-2010 10:31 PM

If you want a quick solution that's pretty good, try the local petsmart. They have a spray that neutralizes the urine smell. Works pretty good, but doesn't address the stain, and you have to really soak things if it soaked in well.

TylerCiervo 10-07-2010 07:38 PM

I just picked up a can of Turtle Wax spray today and used it on my seats. It worked great! I'd highly recommend trying it on your floors.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-07-2010 09:40 PM

So I didn't use it for my truck... but I'd imagine it still works. Is the Resolve Pet Fresh... or something like that. You have to sprinkle, then brush in, then vacuum it out. I've been using it in my house since I wasn't supposed to have pets, but I had my AmStaff puppy. And it's been working well. It even got out the smell and stain of Whiskey & Coke that I accidentally knocked over... oops.

I can find out the exact name tomorrow if you want me to.