Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Body badge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/body-badge-40604/)

Rogue 02-10-2010 07:56 AM

Body badge

Have read around the forums and it seem`s there are one or two members with body shop connections. Hoping one of them, or anyone for that matter can lend a hand.

I`m looking for a tailgate badge from the Nissan Rogue.

Want to de-badge then re-badge with just the one single badge.

McStrokey 05-28-2010 04:18 PM

Its an easy DIY i took off all my badges
Materials needed: hair dryer, dental floss,goo gone , some kind of scraper with a towel, an extra set of hands helps.

1. heat the badge.
2.spray goo gone on the top and direct the heat so it the goo gone goes between the badge and body.
3. take a long string of dental floss, wrap around your fingers and begin flossing keeping heat on the badge to make it easier (this is where the extra set of hands helps) scrap along the badge and not the body.
4. once the badge is off youll have that nasty looking sponge tape spray some goo gone on a towel, wrap yer scraping tool and scrape!
5. congrats you now have a nakey car :)

as for rebadging id guess find some sponge tape and cut out the shape of the badge and tape it on.

Hope this helps

kickme005 07-04-2010 08:16 AM

i just took off my trim on my 95 blazer 4door. now i got the double sided tape left all the doors. i used a plasti scraper to get most of it. how do i get the rest off goo gone doesnt work i tryed it?

DKSDAD 07-04-2010 08:49 AM

I used more heat to really soften up the foam tape and rubbed it off with my fingers. On the really hard spots I used some carb cleaner but WD-40 may be safer.

oktain 07-05-2010 08:05 AM

WD-40 is safer for the clearcoat, and will actually lube up when you're scraping, I've used it to take that double-sided tape off lots of things, and with a little elbow grease it can tackle anything.

cbr995 07-05-2010 08:38 AM

I used goo-gone when I debadged my old truck, and it worked decent. That tape just holds really well.

kickme005 07-05-2010 01:32 PM

i tryed goo- gpne but doesnt work. i did heat it up and used a platic scraper to take it off my theres still some tape left. i just spray wd40 on the tape and it will come off with a cloth?

84BlazerS10 07-05-2010 02:44 PM

I've tried both goo gone and wd 40 normally goo gone works you just got to rub it a bunch.

mdehoogh 07-06-2010 12:11 AM

When I took all my trim and badges off, I ended up using all sorts of stuff, wd40, goo gone, bug/tar remover, spray-on detailing cleaner... Heat didn't seem to help on mine but I know some people have luck with it. Just keep at it and it will eventually come off.

Also, there were a few spots on mine where there was quit a bit of color change. Badges blocking the sun for 10 years kept the paint from fading with the rest of the body

kickme005 07-06-2010 07:18 AM

yes ur rite it i rub hard enough but it put scratces in my pant