Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Cleaning (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/cleaning-84436/)

offroadsandimports 02-16-2014 03:08 PM

Cleaning

Ok. My Blazer has a lot of problems. Many of them are getting fixed right now, but one of the biggest problems is the dirt. My dad gave this to me, and he used it as his work truck. It is a mess. I carpet cleaned the whole inside twice and it barely made a difference. The leather is super dirty, and the plastic on the inside is pure brown in some places. What should I do to get rid of all this dirt without wrecking the leather, plastic, or carpet...? Any suggestions? Thanks.

versechorusverse 02-17-2014 12:10 AM

I would use something specifically for leather to clean leather. Armorall makes some leather cleaner and I've had good results with their other products dunno bout their leather cleaner. I would use some carb/brake cleaner on a rag and rub the plastic if its that bad I wouldnt spray it on the plastic just on the rag, but if you want to avoid the smell and the all the chemicals dish soap and simple green work well. Get some specifically anti degreasing dishsoap(regular will work just fine though) its amazing what itll do. I've never mastered getting stuff outta carpets though, I'd recommend finding the strongest vacuum you can get and scrub the **** out of it with some auto cleaner carpet cleaner(some bottles come with a brush on the tip of them) or watered down vinegar(my moms suggestion) use a very hard bristle brush and vacuum up the soggy dirt as you go.

offroadsandimports 02-17-2014 05:45 AM

Awesome! Thanks! I have carpet cleaned it twice and after doing one square foot, the rag was already black. I might just have to do it like 20 times before it is ok.

truc.karl 02-27-2014 05:23 AM

I'm a fan of Meguiar's APC. Works great in cleaning the interior/exterior and it's not expensive.

rexmburns 02-27-2014 07:00 AM

May be more than your looking to spend but have you thought about a professional interior detail? They can steam clean carpets and such which IMO is the easiest way to get stuck deep dirt out of carpet. My store sells a really good leather cleaner and a conditioner as well that I have used to get some nasty sticky crap off of some high $ leathers in the past but it's expensive as crap at $40 a bottle:(

El_Beautor 02-27-2014 09:29 AM

+1 on going with a professional detailing shop if it's as bad as you describe. Having an industrial steam cleaning vac will go way deeper into the carpet and will lift way more dirt. It won't be cheap but it will do a way better job and save you hours of scraping your knuckles across the carpet and seats.

iian 02-27-2014 11:16 AM

I would remove the door panels, seats and remove battery. Wait for some warm weather and pressure wash the carpet and vacuum it dry. Same with the door panels when there off the car. Use fans to help dry quicker.
To get stains out of any carpet use Folex carpet cleanerhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ILA3YY

offroadsandimports 02-28-2014 07:35 PM

Yeah... If a professional is as good as you say, then it might be the only thing that will get it out. I can't even tell you how dirty it is. My dad is a landscaper and kept everything in the back of it. He spilled oil, carried plants around and gasoline. The carpet isn't even black anymore. It is more brown. How much would a professional cost though?

er0ck273 03-01-2014 11:50 AM

yea steam cleaning is definitely the way to go, some can add different scents to the steam and make it smell extra good lol. i bought a little steamer and youd be suprise how much came up let alone a heavy duty steamer that detailers would own

offroadsandimports 03-01-2014 01:24 PM

Awesome!!! I probably need the scent for my truck because it doesn't smell the best. It really just needs a good thorough cleaning right now though.