Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   cleaning interior plastic (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/cleaning-interior-plastic-12442/)

WhiteTie BlackJacket 08-13-2007 07:11 PM

cleaning interior plastic

whats something good to clean marks from careless people banging things into plastic and leaving different colored marks on the plastic? good ol armor all hasnt donea thing for it.

Mbastet99 08-13-2007 07:17 PM

RE: cleaning interior plastic

Haven't actually tried this in my Blazer, but those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work amazing on marks on walls, etc inside the house. Might want to check the box to make sure they are safe for plastics, but I use them all the time to get stuff off (thanks to my artistic 5 year old).

RCars2 08-13-2007 07:41 PM

I use magic erasers like mentioned above or some simple green. I love simple green, it cleans dang near everything (cept glass, that streaks a little). I feel your pain though. Right on the front doors where the pop holder is gets all kinds of marks on mine. I hate it.

WhiteTie BlackJacket 08-13-2007 07:43 PM

aweosme ill try some of those tomorrow, i think we have some. but yeah mine are around the cup holder, all 4 doors and the back lol.

bubba181x1 08-13-2007 08:44 PM

dude , try mineral spirts if the rest don't work. it'll take of most things. good luck bubba

lennyblazer 08-13-2007 11:03 PM

Watch out on using mineral spirits, or products based on mineral spirits or acetone, as it will fade the plastic sometimes. I would test on an inconspicuous place first if you are going to use that type of product.

WhiteTie BlackJacket 08-14-2007 07:07 AM

yeah mineral spirits didnt sound like the greatest idea...im sure one of those erasers will work

lennyblazer 08-14-2007 10:28 AM

Yeah I have never tried those erasers before, are those the big pink ones you use on paper with pencils, or is this a cleaning product you find elsewhere? I think I need to get me one of them if it works for you, post up if it does. Thanks.

RCars2 08-14-2007 10:36 AM

Its not the same as a pencil eraser. Its more like a modified sponge. Here is a link for reference Click. I know Target makes a generic brand of it as well and its exactly the same except a couple bucks cheaper.

nflea7 08-16-2007 10:11 AM

I have used the magic eraser before in another car and it works ok, lots of elbow work required. I like to use goo be gone, a few wipes and most scuffs or marks are gone, I always follow up with Back to Black, IMHOthat stuff is hands down the best for making your interior plastic pieces look factory again.