Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/importance-winter-wiper-blades-glass-treatment-87656/)

carid 10-27-2014 05:51 AM

The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

10 Attachment(s)
Snow, ice, freezing rain, and frigid temperatures make winter driving treacherous; nevertheless you're prepared, right? But what about your wiper blades? If they're the same ones that baked on your windshield all summer then you could be in for problems. How do you know if your wiper blades are any good? At no time of the year is seeing out of your windshield more important, and more difficult, than in winter. Quality wiper blades should evenly and effectively squeegee water out of their path in both directions no matter what speed you're going. Soft rubber compounds necessary for wiper performance are always under attack by road grit, the sun, acid rain, tree sap, ice, and especially winter salt. Arm your car or truck with Rain-X Glass Treatment and Rain-X wipers. Rain-X Latitude 8-In-1 Wiper Blades are the ultimate blades for sleet and snow. Unlike conventional wiper blade frames, the Latitude's beam design won't collect ice and snow, which can freeze conventional frames to the point where the blade no longer contacts the windshield. With Latitude blades you won't have to interrupt your trip to clear ice and snow from wiper blade frames, only to have them freeze again. You can check the presentation of this product here:

Another wiper blades Rain-X offers are Weatherbeater™ 22" Wiper Blade. Rain-X® - Chevy Blazer 2005 Weatherbeater Wiper Blade

Also Rain-X develops a line of related glass care products. Because Rain-X Glass Treatment requires the glass surface to be perfectly clean, Rain-X X-treme Clean is the perfect glass cleaner. It removes dirt, grime, and bugs, plus build-up that other cleaners leave behind, from glass and clear plastic. Rain-X 2-In-1 Glass Cleaner not only cleans, it also applies a rain repellent to improve wet weather driving. Click
to see how exactly it works!

Check an article on our website to learn more about these products: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades

And are you ready for the winter?

LeWhite 10-27-2014 09:42 AM

I have had repeated problems with the driver blade not contacting in the center of its span. The passanger side is ok.

carid 10-28-2014 03:06 AM

There should be a spring on the bottom side of the wiper arm, near where the hinge is. Look at the spring and see if it is broken, loose, or missing entirely - this might be a problem.

rexazz2 10-28-2014 03:47 PM

sometimes the hinge at the spring will start to seize so the spring cannot pull back enough

LeWhite 10-28-2014 06:04 PM

Nope! The arm spring is tight. Its just not strong enough to overcome the built in curve of the blade. Any tighter and it would prolly be too much for the blade, windshield and arm to withstand. WTF is wrong with the blade?

rexazz2 10-28-2014 06:08 PM

to long a blade can cause an issue also

carid 10-29-2014 03:38 AM

LeWhite, if everything is ok, the arm spring is tight, I guess the best would be just to replace the wiper blade.

LeWhite 10-29-2014 07:11 PM

The blade is the rainX recomended and about 2mo. old. It wont even clean the windshield washer fluid. The drivers bladeseems manufactured with too much curve. After all the windshield is nearly flat.

richphotos 10-31-2014 07:33 PM

I live in MN and we have extremely harsh winters, What would be a good blade for my first gen blazer?

papajim 11-01-2014 12:46 AM

I have a 99 blazer and a 2000 ZR2, both vech. has problems with the pass side, wiper blades not touching midway the blades. the 99 has new blades and not the el cheapo ones,i have all but give up on them ever working right. i may replace the arm ans see if that helps.