Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   keeping windows clean (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/keeping-windows-clean-16157/)

woodsballr 01-10-2008 06:26 PM

keeping windows clean

ok so i tried this stuff from Eagle Eye called 20/20 or something and it left this oily film on my windows every time it got cold it would be highly visible and id have to turn the defrost on to get it to go away because it wouldnt wipe off. i got my windshield replaced and i dont want to mess it up like that again. my older brother says that regular window cleaner and newspaper does great but i was wondering what you guys reccomend. approximate prices would also be nice.
thanks in advance guys.

rriddle3 01-10-2008 06:30 PM

RE: keeping windows clean

Some folks swear by a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water, but I don't know if that would be safe on a tinted window or not. I've never found anything that got glass cleaner than water (as hot as you can stand it) and a 100% cotton towel.

mdehoogh 01-10-2008 07:50 PM

i use stoner's invisible glass and newspaper. every few months i try and apply rain-x to the outside which really helps water to bead up and roll off.

swartlkk 01-10-2008 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

i use stoner's invisible glass and newspaper. every few months i try and apply rain-x to the outside which really helps water to bead up and roll off.
x2

Stoner's Invisible Glass and Rain-X for the exterior of the windsheild.

ltown21 01-10-2008 08:52 PM

only thing I have noticed about rain-x is that when its foggy/cool out in the morning, and when moisture condenses on your windows you gotta keep using your wipers or it will recover while driving. At least thats happened to me on my blazer and my cavvy

cliro 01-10-2008 10:10 PM

50/50 vinegar & water and newspaper.......smells like ass but works awesome.

WolfPack 01-10-2008 10:33 PM

rain-x shouldnt be effecting the condensation rate. thats strictly temp/humidity related.

ltown21 01-10-2008 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

rain-x shouldnt be effecting the condensation rate. thats strictly temp/humidity related.
I know just a slight inconvenience but not a problem. I love the stuff other wise

WolfPack 01-10-2008 11:35 PM

Have you seen the PIAA Super Silicone wipers? Theyre silicone impregnated so it leaves a coat of silicone every time the wipers pass..basically like re-applying rain-x everytime you use your wipers. And theyre supposedly squeek-proof for the same reason.

I'm not sure if they make a size for the blazers...i'll do some lookin..

Edit: Found em! Only $20 per wiper :D

thegr81 01-10-2008 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

x2

Stoner's Invisible Glass and Rain-X for the exterior of the windsheild.

I agree with these guys, it works awesomely!!!