Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Looking for a product to bring areas of truck that are rough to smooth.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
BrooklynBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a product to bring areas of truck that are rough to smooth.

I have a 2002 Blazer Dark Blue in color. I think the previous owner did some touch up painting with a spray can. The color seems to match ok but is is not smooth to the touch from the factory paint to the touch up spots.
When I run my hand across the door I noticed that the paint feels rough.
I washed it good last week and put some Turtle Wax Paste on it.
Is there any wax I should use to bring back a shine to this area?
I put a couple of coats of Turtle wax pasteon and it still was rough.

I usually like to keep things simple. I wash with car wash detergent and put turtle wax on every 3 months or so. I bought this truck used in December and do not know what was done to it before.

Does anyone know a simple solution to the problem. Should I use the Turtel Wax Ice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I did a search but most of the wax discussions confused me. In addition before going forward with a product I wanted to make sure I was not making the problem worse.

Mike

Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
bubba181x1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Looking for a product to bring areas of truck that are rough to smooth.

dude, you've got a cob job. get some wet sand paper sand it with water then rub it out with rubbing compound. thats if its real rough. now if its not real rough get rubbing compound and rub it out then wax be good to go. bubba owner did a blitiz job to sell it fast.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Default RE: Looking for a product to bring areas of truck that are rough to smooth.

Thanks for the tips. Got a great deal on her.
What grit sand paper? Very fine.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Be VERY careful with wet sanding your paint. Burn through the clear and you're lookin' at a new paint job.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Should I just try compounding it first and wax before I sand?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

no, there is enough clear on there to mess with. I would start with some 1500 WET and then go to 2000 WET, polish it from there

Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^
X2. That should do the trick, just keep that sand paper wet! Drag along the water hose if you have to, or punch a hole in the cap of a soda bottle and use the bottle with the hole in the cap to keep water on your sand paper.

How about some pics to check out the hack job on it?

Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM

No digital camera to take pics but it does not look good. Lol.
Hopefully it will improve after the sand/compound/polish