Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Paint Problems (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/paint-problems-5425/)

XBlazer01 09-11-2006 12:30 PM

Paint Problems

Alright I got tagged last night. Wind caught this cobalts door and WHAM

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

is door was at full extension like at the bounce back point so its not dented well it is but its not to bad some parts got down to like dead white so it took the black off at some points.

But the main part is right under my passenger corner window. Like the paint got rubbed kinda.

Instantly i got the wax out of my truck and tried to buff it but idk i must not be good enough or something for that.

It can be buffed but uh idk. Help?

Need tips on getting my baby back to the way she was

swartlkk 09-11-2006 12:47 PM

RE: Paint Problems

If its through the clear, only option is repainting if you want it to look like new again. Problem is, unless you've got a good body shop near you that can feather the new paint into the old paint, they'd need to do that whole rear panel.

If you still have clear left, then you can try wet sanding, then some buffing compound on a rotary buffer. Follow that up with a polishing compound, then polish, and a good wax. You may have to feather out when you wet sand or you will end up with a really nice flat, clean section where the damage was, and factory orange peel look everywhere else. My dad and I removed 99% of scratches in the rear quarter panel of his 2005 Silverado from when their foster kid hit one of our above ground fuel tanks with it. Never dented anything, and you could barely catch a fingernail in the scratch (which was mainly paint transfer from the tank). Lite sanding, rubbing compound, polishing compound, some polish, and then wax and it was good as new again. Especially once he gets the truck covered in mud again!

Ofcourse, if you didn't want to go that route, you could buy some of that colored wax and cover it up that way.

XBlazer01 09-11-2006 02:07 PM

linky for colored wax

I've never even heard of that

swartlkk 09-11-2006 02:36 PM

um... Walmart sells it... It comes with a little gluestick lookin' thing that you rub into the scratch to cover it up. That's about all I know about the stuff. I've never used it.

XBlazer01 09-11-2006 03:11 PM

are u talking about touch up paint......

swartlkk 09-11-2006 03:48 PM

No, but that is another route you can go. Just make sure that you have ALL of the wax out of the scratch before you use touchup paint. And even then, I would let it dry for a day or two and wet sand the area using a sanding block, buff, polish, wax again.

XBlazer01 09-11-2006 07:13 PM

Wuts the color code or wutever for a black 01 blazer?

swartlkk 09-11-2006 09:10 PM

I think the paint code is on your door sticker somewhere...

flyshychick 09-11-2006 11:11 PM

i think u should use the black wax....it works well i used it on mine........go to walmart in the wax section ull see it....its turtle wax color cure.....

Turtlewax Color Cure Car Wax - Amazon.com

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link

swartlkk 09-11-2006 11:14 PM

Yup ^^^^^ Exactly the stuff I was thinkin' I saw on a walmart shelf!