Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Question on Cleaning Wrangler Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/question-cleaning-wrangler-interior-11044/)

hillbillyinOhio 06-01-2007 04:57 PM

Question on Cleaning Wrangler Interior

Well, i thought i would actually post a question,. Alright boys, i know its not a blazer, but I got a jeep wrangler. Was looking at it today, currently has doors off and top off for the summer. I was looking at the dash and realized that it is brown from cig smoke and dust and dirt. most of the dash is textured, but the radio bezel is not. I used some of my orange clean amor-all wipes and it was coming off, but really slow. when i would angle the bezel, i could see more gunk build-up, that you could almost scrape off, but i dont want to mess up the plastic. Ay suggestions on what to clean it with, or soak it with? as for the rest of the dash, is there a better way to get the dirt out of the nooks and crannies than with a toothbrush and some elbow grease? What interoir cleaner should I use? Then after nice and clean, what protectant should i put on it??? Not a fan of amor-all, just because of the greasy shinny look.

What are my options??? thanks folks!!!

bubba181x1 06-01-2007 06:34 PM

RE: Question on Cleaning Wrangler Interior

hey dude, tooth brush and cloth is about it. don't try hrasher cleaners it will take your paint off bazel and tools will scratch it. armoral ya its oily but works the best. most all the protectants are that way. man you must smoke at lot cut back it'll save u work. hehehe bubba

EuroGoldLS 06-01-2007 07:04 PM

Meguiars interior detailer will remove mud stains but I don't know if it will remove what you are trying to remove, but its worth a try.

swartlkk 06-01-2007 07:19 PM

I've actually had great luck with goo-gone on stuff like that. The Bravada had all kinds of crap on the dash when I bought it.

It also works great on carpet stains. Spray it onto the stain, then use some Dawn Oxi right on with the Goo-Gone and rinse. I had to use that on some coffee stains in the Bravada.

rabbit0102030 06-01-2007 07:24 PM

I would go with Simple Green here. In my experience detailing, nothing else cuts through that nasty grease dirt buildup like Simple Green and a toothbrush. Dip, scrub, and wipe clean. It's gonna take time and elbow grease to get rid of that with out ruining any of the interior. I know everyone else will have what they think works best, but in this case I am an expert. My grandpa has smoked in the same truck for the last 17 years and just last year I detailed it for him (as a birthday present) and went through probably worse then what you are seeing. The S.G. worked wonders where nothing else would, and the best part is hat it is non-abrasive!

BobTheBlazer 06-01-2007 07:46 PM

I actually have this problem, too. I'm convinced the previous owners smoked 10 packs a day in Bob....it's so bad I thought his interior was gray instead of blue! I still haven't had a chance to give him a really good cleaning yet, though.

TripleBlackBlazer 06-01-2007 09:10 PM

Amazingly enough I found a cleaner at the Dollar Store. It's called Awesome and it really is. When Dad found my first Astro, it was the same way. Trash up to the windows and smoke stains on EVERYTHING. He said there was close to 3/8 inch of gunk built up on the windows and all the vinyl. This stuff removed all of it! Check out your local Dollar Store, Dollar General or similar store-should be in the cleaning section.

**Plus, it's CHEAP!**

hillbillyinOhio 06-01-2007 10:24 PM

Thank you to all who answered. I appreciate the imput. I have some simple green layin around, so will try that first!

Thanks again!