Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Restoring the black.......... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/restoring-black-1743/)

Bocomo 12-07-2005 02:16 PM

Restoring the black..........

When I was carelessly waxing the Blazer I got some was on the black door handles and stuff. It just doesn't seem to clean up no matter what I try.

Anybody have any good suggestions?

Bocomo

Bojib 12-07-2005 08:17 PM

RE: Restoring the black..........

I got a good stiff bristled brush that works for me when that happens. Kind of like an over sized toothbrush, of course a toothbrush could work just as well on it too.

Canadian88 12-09-2005 04:10 PM

RE: Restoring the black..........

A good cleaner might be all you need. I use SimpleGreen on pretty much everything i need to clean on my truck (except the body) I use it for bugs, tar, etc. Should work for you.

Bocomo 12-09-2005 06:28 PM

Thanks, I'll give those ideas a try.

Seems I've tried some "normal" washing procedures. Maybe I need some extra elbow grease when I'm trying to clean it. I'll try this weekend if it gets above 35'F.

swartlkk 12-09-2005 10:03 PM

RE: Thanks, I'll give those ideas a try.

You could try a normal wax remover (solvent), but it would tend to dull the plastic. You would then need to use a product like Mother's Back-to-Black.

You could also try a bristle brush and some dawn dish soap. Dawn has a tendancy to strip wax off of your paint, so it should remove the wax from your trim as well and the reason why I say get a bristle brush is to thuroughly clean the rough surface, better than you could with a cloth.

Canadian88 12-10-2005 12:21 AM

No matter what you use, simply green is the ****. You should pick up a bottle next time you're at walmart or something. You'll begin to see all the uses for it even around the house.

TheBrettster 07-03-2006 08:40 AM

Clean the trim with simple green then go in with some mothers "back 2 black" you wont be sorry.

TN_TrailBlazer 07-24-2006 02:33 PM

I just bought a 2000 Trailbalzer. The flat black trim on the back corners were faded, oxidised and just looked work. I tried the mothers "Back-to-Black"......WOW WOW WOW. I did one side and not the other to see if i could appreciate the difference. It was amazing. Good luck with your clean up.

Dory 08-03-2006 04:27 PM

its amazing how old posts never die here... hehehehe

Bocomo 11-15-2006 12:29 AM

On that note..........

I asked my wife to pick up some Simple Green. She did, although she bought some lemon scented yellow Simple Green. The next time we were in WalMart together I showed what I MEANT when I sad Simple Green, the stuff in automotive---not generally house cleaning.

I haven't used Mother's Back to Black yet, but the lemon scented Simple Green did work pretty well. And it does do a good job for other cleaning purposes, too.

Just trying to keep this thread going...........