Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   Tobacco Odour (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/tobacco-odour-13515/)

calgsblaza 10-08-2007 04:13 PM

Tobacco Odour

Hi so I've had my blazer for about 2.5 months now and the previous owner was a smoker. There is still a very faint smoke smell in the fabric, and I'm wondering if there is a special way to get rid of it. So far I've tried steam cleaning and using a lot of febreeze.

Chevy Lover 10-08-2007 05:18 PM

RE: Tobacco Odour

Check with a detailing shop. I've seen a machine that they hook a hose up to a bag that covers a window and they hook up a machine ( like a vacuum) for 24 hours and that gets rid of the smell.
I've also seen a product called "Air Wick" by "Wizard" that smells like orange and is a tobacco odor neutralizer.

rriddle3 10-08-2007 05:26 PM

When I bought my Blazer I had to have it fumigated by a guy that comes to the dealer's used car lot just to do this. I don't know what he used, but he sprayed the interior and set the a/c to 'recirculate' for a few minutes. He had to do it twice andI had to keep the windows up for a day and keep the a/c the way he said, but it completely eliminated the smell.
I have heard that 'Ozium' from the auto supply works pretty good, also.

coplinb 10-08-2007 06:13 PM

hey there is a link right in this page by google www.vamooseodor.com or www.nokout.com

rriddle3 10-08-2007 09:09 PM

Dang, so you're the one who looks at those links, huh?:D

thegr81 10-09-2007 03:52 AM

another nuetralizer that i use and i use it on all the plastic inside my blaze and thats meguairs interior cleaner it wipes out the smoke outta mine anyone who rides with me can't smell any smoke after i clean but then as i smoke in it, it comes back but only for a few days till i wash it again everysunday its a ritual lol.

blznlowxtreme 10-09-2007 08:40 PM

try unground coffee beans. just put a cup of them in there and leave it for a few days and then just whatever air freshner in there and it should work. i have done that but it was not for a long time smoker it was juat where a guy smoked in mine for a few days. worth a shot. i cant stand that smell

thegr81 10-14-2007 08:15 AM

coffee beans nuetralize all smells that trick works alot better than mine i tried that over the past couple of days i was shocked now mine smells like a brand new blaze what i did is shampoo the carpets and all cloth interior wipe down all the plastic then did the cofee bean placement with new car smell and just say it looks and smells brand new![8D]

blznlowxtreme 10-14-2007 03:56 PM

works everytime

thegr81 10-15-2007 06:39 AM

yea it does good info blznlowxtreme i wouldn't doubt it if alot of others try it on there older vehicles to get the old smell outta them of course they will have to clean them lol