Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Meguiar's NXT Gen. Tech Wax
30.71%
Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax
10.00%
Meguiar's Gold Class
19.29%
Turtle Wax ICE
18.57%
Turtlewax Zipwax
5.71%
Eagle One
3.57%
Turtle Wax Carnauba
11.43%
IBIZ show car wax
0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I use "Protect All" at Walmart in the RV section...that stuff is amazing. Given, it should not be used on a "show car" car. But it gives a very nice shine, leaves NO residue, and can be applied to trim, chrome, and even the windows. Fast and easy. Great for a DD/4x4.

Last edited by BlaziNator; 10-08-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRoad09 is on a distinguished road

I use Meguiar's

Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Im using the same strategy as TheBrettster, one day fot the outside and one for the inside.
Im using Meguiar's product and are really pleased with them. I´ve tried several other manufactures like Sonax, TurtleWax etc. but none of them is as good as Meguiar's. The biggest advantage with Meguiar's is the shine result after waxing ... there is no shine like this.
I start up with claying the car, after this I use a cleaner or rubbing if the paint is in bad shape. After this I put a layer of polish that really make the paint looks really shiny and almost wet and for the finish I use Nxt Wax. The cleaner and polish I use is from the 1,2,3 steps series but I changed the wax because I think Nxt is a bit better. This fall Im about to test the Ultimate Compound instead of the Cleaner. Fir the interia I can recommend Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner from Meguair´s

This procedure is a repeating action twice a year, one in the spring and the second in the fall before the winter is coming.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of waxing and making paint shine,,, Has anyone ever used Lemon Pledge furniture polish on their veh???? I use it and it works great and doesnt ruin the paint and its takes alot less time to shine it up and it stills beads up in the rain like wax... If anyone is interested in trying it, go ahead theres nuttin to worry about.. I`ll just say if ya dont use the right cloth for it (2) needed you`ll get marks ......

Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Beginning Member
jackdaroofer is on a distinguished road

I use "pledge" (Dollar general has provate label equivalent, much less expensive) on wheel wells, suspension and frame as well as underhood on my vette and it works great. I'll use it same way on new Blazer this weekend

PS: it also works great on sealing dusty concrete garage floor/ Vacuum dust up, spray polish liberally and no dust for weeks and weeks

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Collinite 476s.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 PM
fightingsioux7 is on a distinguished road

All waxing does it put a polish on the clear coat. u gotta use a buffer and compond to heat up your clear coat and fill in all the tiny scraches thats wear your true shine will come from.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2002XTREME
Speaking of waxing and making paint shine,,, Has anyone ever used Lemon Pledge furniture polish on their veh???? I use it and it works great and doesnt ruin the paint and its takes alot less time to shine it up and it stills beads up in the rain like wax... If anyone is interested in trying it, go ahead theres nuttin to worry about.. I`ll just say if ya dont use the right cloth for it (2) needed you`ll get marks ......
I started using Pledge on my bike for quick details when I used to show it. Now I just use it for the lemon fresh scent, JK, I still use it on the bike because it works well. We also used a lot of that stuff when I was a commercial printing press operator to wax the back cylinders. This would prevent the fresh ink from offsetting on the cylinder as it passed between the color heads.

ICE (mainly silicone) is only good for show shines... it does not last for nuthin! A good quality carnauba wax is the way to go after it has been clay barred clean.

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 02-24-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:25 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I am curently in the process of buffing out my blazer. I am using TR3 Resin Glaze made by Blue Magic. It is a cleaner and polish that restores oxidized finishes and leaves a protective shine. It's taking a lot of time but it's worth it. I will post my before and after pics shortly.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Starting Member
rpreece5150 is on a distinguished road

I personally stay as far away from any product that contains any form of liquid silicon on a painted surface... the metal body parts naturally absorb it, and you'll NEVER be able to repaint that surface. I use Zymol and have for years... great stuff and very easy to work with and use.

Quick Reply: What is the best wax?