Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   What is the best wax? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/what-best-wax-9429/)

EuroGoldLS 03-18-2007 11:24 PM

What is the best wax?

I want your opinion on what you think is the best wax.

swartlkk 03-18-2007 11:27 PM

RE: What is the best wax?

Turtle Wax ICE isn't really a wax, it is a paint protectant and a VERY good, long lasting one at that, but it doesn't fill in the fine scratches like a wax does. I have ICE on my Bravada right now and it is SO easy to wash that truck right now it isn't even funny. A simple wash and dry makes the truck look like the day that I applied the ICE way back before winter.

As far as waxes go, it was a difficult choice between Gold Class & NXT from Meguiar's, both in paste form. I ultimately have to choose NXT because on my Bonneville they both provided the same shine and equal life, but the NXT was SO much easier to apply & remove.

Jman 03-19-2007 12:31 AM

I can't vote on this as I haven't tried most of them. But what I am going to do is try the winning vote. lol

rabbit0102030 03-19-2007 11:52 AM

Gotta go with NXT, in combination with ICE as a touch up, it's unbeatable IMO anyaway.

EuroGoldLS 03-19-2007 06:09 PM

There is Ice wax and paint protectant, I saw it at Autozone today.

swartlkk 03-19-2007 06:41 PM

I'm speaking from experience using ICE. It is not a wax as typical waxes are defined by their constituant parts. It is more like Liquid Glass than any other wax that I have used. It is a polish/protectant, not a true wax.

Source: Turtlewax website -
Turtle Wax® ICE™ is a clear wax formulated with completely new technology that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability.
Now they state that it is a clear wax, but being made of blended silicone and hydrocarbon polymers, I'd call it more of a paint protectant than a wax. It is very comparable to Liquid Glass.

The main reason why I say it isn't in my definition of a wax is because it does not fill slight imperfections in the paint (ie. swirl marks) like a typical wax will. Now given it's polishing properties, it will tend to remove some of the very slight imperfections, but trust me on dark paint (all I have is black), it does not produce the upclose perfection that a true 'wax' will give you. From say 10ft away, they are indistinguishable, but get up close and I can see a definite advantage to NXT wax.

One thing that I am interested in trying is the paste form of ICE.

lastcoupe 03-19-2007 09:58 PM

Thanks Kyle...I think I'll try the NXT. That black is not forgiving at all is it? I love the looks when it is spotless, but man everything makes it look dirty...

swartlkk 03-19-2007 11:57 PM

Here is my review on TurtleWax ICE: New TurtleWax ICE!!!

I'll throw up pictures of my car with Gold Class paste wax as well in a new post in that thread.

thegr81 03-20-2007 01:50 AM

by far the liquid clay bar by ice is amazing stuff it stopped my oxidation on the spot brought out the real shine in my paint its so easy too i rinse with cool water then apply the liquid clay bar cause its a car wash and wax in one then after rinse again towel dry the white residue comes through then follow that with the detail spray by ice with a terry towel and man does it shine like no other by far the best ever first time result its good stuff

TheBrettster 03-20-2007 03:11 AM

Is the NXT wax that much better than the basic 3 step system ?