Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/)
-   -   01 Chevy blazer carb VR. fuel injection??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/01-chevy-blazer-carb-vr-fuel-injection-73520/)

Jeff Hoard 09-04-2012 05:29 PM

01 Chevy blazer carb VR. fuel injection???

soo i am workin on building up my blazer, first off i got 4inches of lift in the front and 6 in the front running 31 11.00 tsl thornbirds, its pretty sick looking but i have one problem i dont have the power to go to a bigger tire, and to me its senseless to have 33 if all they are gunna do is bog out.
so my question is would it be better to make a carb. 4.3l or keep with the stock injection as it stands i wanna obtain at least 300-350 horse. i have heard alot of people claiming that they have done up to 400 hp with a stock injector but there is a problem here most of them have relied on supercharger or turbo and i would like to keep away from that due to the fact of compromising my bottom end. i was wondering if anyone here has attempted to build a vortec 4.3l that is all natural and wondering if u where happy with the way it ran??
as it stand i have many many 4.3l laying around between them i could make something work and here is my plan, take the carb. intake off and 85 4.3l that came outta a astro van, and put it on a 94 tbi, which would give me the advantage of having roller lifters, i plan on putting a comp cam 525 lift cam with a 280 duration, also put a set of 1.6 roller rockers n it, this will give me an RPM range of like 2200-5800 factoring the 1.6, they dont make much difference but in my experence its right around a 100 to 200 jump up in ur rpm range. take the head mill them down 58CC which i belive not totally sure but will put me at right around 11.1 compression ratio. plus also do a port and polish on my heads. after all this convert the fuel line/gaskets in the carb to run E85 so that i wont spark knock and wont have to run racing fuel.
with all this comes a problem the 4l60 wont work due to the fact its ran by a computer, so i would have to go through and rebuild one of the 700r4 that i have and put and update kit in it and relocate the crossmember plus get custom drive-shafts made. now to me this is something that i would rather avoid if i could keep with fuel injection
now all this can still be done to the vortec 4.3l that i have in it but i have one problem u cannot get an aftermarket fuel injector and its not as easy as just cranking up the fuel pressure because the regulator is built into the injector so i cant just buy an aftermarket for it. soo my question is has anyone here found a way to get enough fuel to power a built 4.3 without carb mods??? ohh and no i dont wanna put a V8 in it, my buddies all talk crap about how v6s are junk i have built alot of v8 and just wanna show em what i can do with a v6.
--Jeff

Steve-o 09-07-2012 12:20 AM

so u got 10 inches in front and non in the rear.. lol honest typo. funny though

97cherryblazer 09-07-2012 04:12 AM

Getting 300-350 out of this engine without a turbo will be tough but with money anything is possible.

For the injectors, the stock ones are crap and cant handle much more than stock unless you use the updated ones but even then... if you want to do the injection right then you need to get the intake off the marine 4.3. They will handle anything you throw at them, you can usually find them for around 500$ (last time i looked). Then what i would do is bore out the exhaust ports so when you run bigger headers it will actually do something. along with headers you might as well go with true dual exhaust to take away the Y pipe.

Then with everything else you said you might be pushing your goal. Im not sure tho because i havent seen anyone do that kind of work to a 4.3 (accept the company that made the 1000 horse power 4.3) I definitely want to see you make a build thread for this tho. ill subscribe to it.