Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Intake Air Temp Sensor HP+ Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road
Default Intake Air Temp Sensor HP+ Mod

My understanding is that a resistance change to the IAT sensor will modify the injector pulse width for any given set of input parameters (MAP, TPS, CT etc)

I found an ebay resistor supplier of make and model specific resistances so as to throw the PCM into a different area of the fuel map. (sorry for the awkward wording there) They claim an increase in HP. Does anyone know if the intent is to simulate a cooler denser charge to richen the mixture or a warmer flow to lean it out? I presume it's to lean it out. My suspicion is that this would be a temporary effect until the injector offsets accounted for the change in mixture detected by the O2 sensors.

Anyone out there know anything concrete here?

Here's the link.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/20HP-Performance-...item35acb082f8

At second glance, perhaps the intention is to richen the mixture. Problems with emission testing? Again - a temporary effect once it runs in closed loop a few times?

Last edited by b1heqh54; 10-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't work. Complete snake oil. The PCM will quickly adapt and basically start ignoring the IAT readings since they will conflict with more important sensor inputs.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Doesn't work. Complete snake oil. The PCM will quickly adapt and basically start ignoring the IAT readings since they will conflict with more important sensor inputs.
Just what I thought - I think this might be good at the track, where you could lean it right out for a single pass and then reset the ECM, but other than that useless for a daily driver.

It does kinda make me wanna sell $0.10 resistors on ebay for $4.00 a piece though!!!! lol I wonder how much this guy rakes in on these things....

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 10-01-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts