Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/)
-   -   A/C Delete How To ??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/c-delete-how-66580/)

89Recon 01-02-2012 08:47 PM

A/C Delete How To ???

Just curious as to how hard it would be to do an A/C delete on my 89 S10 Blazer main reason I want to do it is because I want less crap under my hood to help give it an overall cleaner look and also because I live in Oregon I don't need A/C all I need to do in the summer is roll my windows down lol. Also would like to know if anyone sells the plates that cover the hole where the A/C used to be? any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TheRandom1 01-02-2012 09:32 PM

First a comment... why don't you make sure the truck is reliable before worrying about mods? Sounds like you've had some issues, and I'd worry about those before anything else. Also, I'd put some money in the bank for a bit so you can afford a tow and whatnot once the truck DOES break down. It's 23 years old, it's going to happen eventually.

Now, to answer your question, removing the AC is pretty easy for the stuff under the hood. Go to a shop that does AC work and have the system evacuated. (DON'T just pull the lines. Venting the system to the open air is illegal and bad for the environment)

After they evac the system, just start unbolting stuff. You'll need a new drive belt as well as an AC delete pulley I believe, but otherwise it's just unbolting stuff.

For the lines going through the firewall, I believe you'd have to change out the heater box and whatnot inside the truck and that part gets difficult. I'll let someone else comment on that part.

89Recon 01-02-2012 09:40 PM

lol that's kinda funny not sure how reliable I can really make my blazer it's old as hell and if it breaks down again I may or may not fix it it may become a project/toy and I will just go out and buy myself something more reliable but it should last me at least another month or so ( I hope ) :) and as for the a/c delete doesn't sound to bad I will wait for someone else to give me the info on the heater box. thanks

xgiovannix12 01-02-2012 09:46 PM

did you ever fix the leaky brake line ? :icon_no:

TheRandom1 01-02-2012 09:46 PM

I know people who DD cars built in the 60s and 70s, so age doesn't mean it can't be reliable. Just requires you to do the maintenance and see what parts that normally wear out have been replaced, and which ones will probably need it. You'd be surprised how far preventative maintenance goes, really.

xgiovannix12 01-02-2012 09:48 PM

mines 19 years old and it runs like a champ

I love my blazer <33333 I plan on keeping it like that for a lot longer

89Recon 01-02-2012 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 486516)
did you ever fix the leaky brake line ? :icon_no:

not yet I am probably going to order a whole replacement set of lines found some online for less than $80

TheRandom1 01-02-2012 09:50 PM

Totally goes right back into what I said about maintenance and fixing the issues before modding it.

Besides, removing the AC will hurt your resale value if you're unsure about keeping it.

89Recon 01-02-2012 09:50 PM

well if I am going to make it reliable I need to do A LOT of work.

89Recon 01-02-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1 (Post 486521)
Totally goes right back into what I said about maintenance and fixing the issues before modding it.

Besides, removing the AC will hurt your resale value if you're unsure about keeping it.

I wasn't planning on selling it at all if I don't use it as my DD it will be my project/toy which I will basically gut and have fun with and take off road and beat it up .... but that all depends on how much I need to fix and if I find something to replace it as my DD js