Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Changing fluid in transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
AutomagicLS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing fluid in transfer case

Havent looked underneath yet but do they have a drainplug. Also what fluid do you use and is it really difficult to do

Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Changing fluid in transfer case

Yeah, theres a drain and fill plug on the back side of the transfer case. The kind of fluid all depends on the type of transfer case you have. If you have Auto4wd or AWD (rare in a blazer), you'll need to use the GM Autotrak II fluid. If its just the regular push button 4wd, then regular ATF will do.

Hopefully you have a small hand pump to fill it. There really isn't room enough to get a bottle up in there... I used my air hose to pressurize the bottle with a hose up into the fill hole. I really wish I had some 1/4" hose to do it with... The 3/8" hose wouldn't fit and my only other option was 1/8" and that took FOREVER!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 PM
AutomagicLS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Yeah, theres a drain and fill plug on the back side of the transfer case. The kind of fluid all depends on the type of transfer case you have. If you have Auto4wd or AWD (rare in a blazer), you'll need to use the GM Autotrak II fluid. If its just the regular push button 4wd, then regular ATF will do.

Hopefully you have a small hand pump to fill it. There really isn't room enough to get a bottle up in there... I used my air hose to pressurize the bottle with a hose up into the fill hole. I really wish I had some 1/4" hose to do it with... The 3/8" hose wouldn't fit and my only other option was 1/8" and that took FOREVER!!!
Thanks for the info man thats exactly what I was looking for. Also on the cooler I have my external coolers mounted on my Ls1 in front of the condensor. I bypassed my stock cooler on the LS1. I'm pretty sure the input/output lines to the trans are the same on the blazer right? Input bottom line and output top off the radiator?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct.