Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/)
-   -   Traded for LS swap 1996 Solid axle swap . Need AC HELP!!!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-internal-9/traded-ls-swap-1996-solid-axle-swap-need-ac-help-92742/)

Diverdmt 06-22-2016 12:13 PM

Traded for LS swap 1996 Solid axle swap . Need AC HELP!!!!!

I just got a solid axle swap 96 4x4 blazer 2004 Silverado 4.8 with 460LE built. He gave me the LS compressor and bracket and S10 compressor and bracket. He said to leave the LS pass side AC compressor on it would have to notch frame? I don't care what it takes it's mine now I need AC fast!
He said here is a bracket can be bought for drivers side to hook up the S10 compressor? Tom

rexmburns 06-22-2016 07:42 PM

There are a few companies out there that make the relocation brackets. Here is one of the more popular S10 LS swap companies LSx Engine Swap A/C Relocation Bracket | Current Performance WiringCurrent Performance Wiring. If you google "LS ac relocation bracket you will find many more!

Post up some pics of your truck I would love to see it! I have a 96 on a d60/14b combo with 40s so I have a close relationship with the sas swap lol. I don't think I have ever seen and s10 platform on toy axles tho so I would love to see some pics.

Oh and I removed your phone number from your post. I would suggest not tossing that up on open forums unless you like a LOT of BS phone calls. Most everyone here is cool and likely wouldn't do it but it is an open forum that anyone that has internet access can view.

Diverdmt 06-23-2016 10:07 AM

Here are some pics

2 Attachment(s)
Literally just got home and off trailer on Tuesday this week.

rexmburns 06-23-2016 06:25 PM

That looks pretty nice! Do you plan to continue building it or are you jsut going to drive it as is? If you do build it more make a build thread. I would love to see more pics as well.

Diverdmt 06-24-2016 06:24 AM

Build as of now

2004 Silverado 4.8 LS and freshened up 40LE from full size. custom hand built headers, Toy axles with Astro steering box, over the top steering, added leaf in rear Waggy springs in front, 1991 3/4 ton 241c transfer case, 35's. Just needs AC hooked up for now. Needs some wiring cleaned up and AC hooked up. Interior is 80% nice. New paint needed. I would say truck is 85% decent for a 9, 12,000 lb winch and fabbed bumoer. If I did anything would be adding locker in rear. Pioneer stereo not too bad.

Toms 05-12-2019 11:19 PM

Thank you,

I was hoping that would work. Does anybody know of a good book about the swap, I would appreciate any help, Tom.

eshaw 05-13-2019 08:26 AM

You might want to check some of the LS forums. I think I've seen somewhere that a fella took a stock 4.3/5.7 ac bracket and adapted it to a 5..3 engine package and it was a high mount so no notch was required.