Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

*tranny goin out??* need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default *tranny goin out??* need help quick

on a normal day around town my blazer idles arounf 6-700RPM at 30MPH and shifts between 1 and 2000RPM but today i was idling at 1100-1200RPM at 30MPH and shifting between 2100-2000RPM and from a dead stop it feels like im stuck in the mud or spinng my tires and it just seems like it doesnt wanna go anywhere also from a dead stop if i accelerate like i normally would the RPMs jump to 2500-2700 going between 5-8MPH any help would be greatly appricated thanks guys

Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: *tranny goin out??* need help quick

Have you checked for your fluid level?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i have checked the fluid and its just where its suppose to be thats why i really dont know whats goin on

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 PM

ok so maybe someone can help me answer this question..can the rpm range shift higher on up the tach due to the tranny computer telling it to do so??the reason i ask is becuase i took the blazer to the dealership to get the tranny checked out and they said everything with the tranny itself is A-ok and nothing is wrong but the reason the gave me for my RPMs to shift further up the RPM range is that the tranny computer actually adjusts to the way i drive and makes the neccasary adjustments and they said its nothing to worry about so is this true or not. also ive driven the blazer the sae since day 1 so why now(over 2 years later) would the coputer make an adjustment??..can someone please help me make sense of this

Old 10-02-2008, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

The short answer is YES!
It is called Torque Management.
The puter reads a host of sensors and calcualtes the optimum engine tranny setting to gain the best fuel mileage. Basically the puter makes the engine and tranny work together as a team.

And yes the puter will adjust the shift points based on your driving. If you drive like a grandma it will soften the shifts, if your drag racing it will firm up the shifts.
If the puter senses your towing a load, it will adjust for that as well.

If your in 44 it will asjust for that too.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

whens the last time you had a tranny service? might wannt change filter and add 5 qrts. of atf. the filter and gasket is around 10.00 so i would check that out.