Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2000 Blazer staritng problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 PM
rcillig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Blazer staritng problem.

Ok I got a 2000 Blazer 2dr and I was told my fuel pump was bad so I replaced it and it still wont start.. replaced fuel pump and gas filter. Now If I pour a little gas into the carb and try and start her she starts up for a few secs before dying. I hear the pump running when the key is first turned also btw.

How can I test if there is enough fuel pressure or what other problems could be causing this ?

Any help you guys could give me is greatly appreciated. Also I'm not a master mechanic but I know enough to do most stuff... I changed the pump my self. Made sure all the lies were on and everything was good to go. Also made sure there was no water in the tank before I reinstalled it... so that cant be it either.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This should help:
2nd Gen Fuel System Diagnosis

Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 PM

man I don't know where I can get a pressure gauge to test with from.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

About $30 at most autoparts stores. Some will even let you rent one.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM

ok Ill have to go take a look tomorrow and see if I can get one.

A little more back story of the problem.... maybe it will shed some light of what it might be.

Ok I been having problems for a few months with my blazer starting in the mornings. Always after a bit of pumping and trying she would start up, Then run fine for the rest of the day also. This started back in the fall. Well last week I went out and played in the a local park that was flooded, racing around in the water and on the way home I started loosing throttle in my pedal so I went home and when I got there she dies wouldn't start back up.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:18 PM

ok just got a fuel pressure tester, cost me $44.. but worth it if we can get this fixed.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:40 PM

I just got me a fuel pressure tester this morning as i said in the last post and when I first turn the key on the pressure goes to 58-60 right in there but leaks off pressure pretty fast. It falls to the 40's with in 3-4 mins, it is superposed to hold pressure for any length of time ?

I'm testing off the manifold, not sure if there is another place to test from.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Administrator

It should not drop more than 5psi. You have a leak somewhere in the system. You can purchase adapters to mate the pressure tester to the line on the tank side of the fuel filter to see if the leak is in the tank or in the engine.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 PM

it came with a few adapters, where would I know them up at? I was also told my a local mechanic today it was a bad fuel pressure regulator if the pressure didn't hold pressure.

Possible ?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM

ok so where do I test the pressure at besides up top on the manifold ?

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer staritng problem.