Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   4.3 feels gutless to drive (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/4-3-feels-gutless-drive-98484/)

MadMerritt 12-31-2018 10:51 PM

4.3 feels gutless to drive

Gday all
My 99 LS 4door Blazer has lost its grunt. Car starts,runs & drives well in both 2 & 4wd. Has NO warning lights flashing
on the dash but its gutless under acceleration. I pull plugs out & engine seems to be lean as.
Any advise on where to start checking is greatly appreciated :)

christine_208 12-31-2018 11:23 PM

Could it be the transmission or torque converter?

cleburne red 12-31-2018 11:53 PM

It appears to be running lean? Have you checked fuel pressure?

MadMerritt 01-01-2019 12:10 AM

Trans shifts & downshifts like normal

Not yet as didnt really know where to start lookin. But will check fuel pressure in next day or 2

Cheers

odat 01-01-2019 02:07 AM

Check out the sticky at the top for fuel pressure checking, also check the cat for a partial plugged condition, is the outflow good or does it feel weak ?

MadMerritt 01-01-2019 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by odat (Post 700471)
Check out the sticky at the top for fuel pressure checking, also check the cat for a partial plugged condition, is the outflow good or does it feel weak ?

Outflow does feel a little weak so ill drop the cat out today & check it

Cheers

go chevy 02-01-2019 12:55 PM

Maybe your fuel injectors are clogged up some??? I would pour a bottle or 2 of SeaFoam fuel injector treatment in your gas tank and see if that helps... It is not expensive and can't hurt even if the problem dosen't go away :)

odat 02-01-2019 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by go chevy (Post 702249)
Maybe your fuel injectors are clogged up some??? I would pour a bottle or 2 of SeaFoam fuel injector treatment in your gas tank and see if that helps... It is not expensive and can't hurt even if the problem dosen't go away :)

go chevy
Even tho seafoam, lucas and other fuel additives are great products stay with the recommended dosage or below.
They work well to remove fuel varnish and other contaminates from the fuel system but they are still a super heavy duty detergent/solvent.
Even tho seals, hoses and such are oil/gas resistant over strength/use can and will slowly eat on and break down such parts over time.

go chevy 02-02-2019 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by odat (Post 702260)
go chevy
Even tho seafoam, lucas and other fuel additives are great products stay with the recommended dosage or below.
They work well to remove fuel varnish and other contaminates from the fuel system but they are still a super heavy duty detergent/solvent.
Even tho seals, hoses and such are oil/gas resistant over strength/use can and will slowly eat on and break down such parts over time.

Very true indeed! My bad, I meant a 1 time thing lol... I use SeaFoam once a month, 1 bottle in the tank every 4th fill up at the pump :)