Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

94 Blazer Transmission Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 Blazer Transmission Slipping

Hey guys I have a question. As I was driving home from school today.. I was on our bypass and doing about 55mph. You feel what I suspect is the transmission of the truck slipping or acting like it wants to shift but can't. Once you get it at 60-65-ish it kind of mellows out and acts normal. In the city driving range 0-40 it acts fine. What do you think it is.

EDIT: Okay now I'm sure it has to do with the RPMs... because I just took it out and it acts fine at a certain RPM, I think the lower ones. Then as you want to go faster in overdrive it has to shift down but it really can't until you press on the accelerator more, then it acts fine. Taking off is okay and first and second shift is fine. Every shift is okay it's just when you have to downshift (I don't know if I have a 4-speed or a 5-speed) it tries but it can't. It's not leaking any fluid or anything.

EDIT 2: I was told by a friend I should disconnect the battery, let it set for 30seconds-1minute and reconnect. Then start it up and drive around town like normal because I have the ECU controlled transmission. I did so and the knocks/kicks have been coming less often but they're still there none-the-less. Could it be my crappy driving? lol

Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 94 Blazer Transmission Slipping

Im having a smiliar problem but i more so notice mine when i take off from a dead stop. as i understand there are a set of seals in the tranny that over time wear out. these seals are ment to hold pressure from something...not to sure exactly my dad lost me lol. any ways these seals wear out and are no longer capable of holding this pressure. a possible solution...im gona try it and will let you know how it works. Is to Put in half a bottle of automatic transmission conditioner, run it and make sure the conditioner is worked in then top your transmission up with fluid. this conditioner causes the seals to swell and hopefully give new life to your transmission. But i will make it clear as far as i understand this is only a temporary fix and it may or may not last to long.
Like i said ill post more on my findings after i try this.
Good Luck to you.

Blazer-Boy

Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Starting Member

You might have just saved me 350 dollars...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For a little while anyway. Conditioner is not a permanent fix.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Starting Member

Well give it a try. im leaving to go buy some right now and ill let you know how it goes.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Starting Member

So far So good. ohh and Try doing a tune up on ur truck in the midst of all this. i did and you wouldnt belilve the differance. its hard to tell if a veachile is missfireing or if it has transmission problems. i did a little bit of toruble shooting and yes it was my transmission but as well the tune up greatly imporved the so called fix lol.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Starting Member

Yeah I took it down to my trade school and had the auto shop teacher. He said tune it up and she'll run great. So I'm going to give it a tune up and a fluid overhaul. Appreciate the help.
He stated I needed this:
Spark Plugs, Spark Wires, Distributor Cap and, and a Rotor Button.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Starting Member

try fuel filter, oil change and oil filter. i wouldnt sudjest doing a tranny fluid swap incase it is dieing thats probably the one thing holding it together. just make sure its not burnt and its topped up.
and mabey an air filter....i noticed mine is pretty dam plugged from all the gravel roads i used to drive on.