Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Acts like it's out of gas. Won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by '93BLZR
Any idea where it is? I will change the filter if I could find it
If I remember correctly, it is mounted along the inside of the drivers side frame rail about midway between the tires; about where the rear of the door is.

Be sure the pressure is released in the fuel line system and be ready to have up to several cups of gas drain out. Depending on the type of fittings there you can cap or plug them with things you have around the shop; golf tee, vacuum line cap.

I think even on my 92 there were quick-connect fittings for the lines. Once you get a replacement filter you should be able to see how to get them apart.

What I remember is that getting to the mounting bracket was not so much hard as annoying. LOL

Old 12-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Starting Member
'93BLZR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
If I remember correctly, it is mounted along the inside of the drivers side frame rail about midway between the tires; about where the rear of the door is.

Be sure the pressure is released in the fuel line system and be ready to have up to several cups of gas drain out. Depending on the type of fittings there you can cap or plug them with things you have around the shop; golf tee, vacuum line cap.

I think even on my 92 there were quick-connect fittings for the lines. Once you get a replacement filter you should be able to see how to get them apart.

What I remember is that getting to the mounting bracket was not so much hard as annoying. LOL
Ok, I've officially spent 4 hours trying to get the stupid oil filter off. I wanted to change the oil before i did much with it. I'll also put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase and gas tank, but I will check for the fuel filter tomorrow. Once this is all said and done and it runs again, I have to fix the hanging transfer case and leaky trans.