Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Antifreeze leak (or flood actually)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 01:43 AM
MrCodySir is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Grindmeapound
Hi people, i'm new on here, I have a 99 loaded Blazer i bought it new back in 2000.... anyways in regards with the coolant leaks, mine started about 3 years ago i never could find from where, let me back up a second, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, i have worked on all my vehicles over the years, but anyways my leak started out small, then in the last year, about a gallon every two weeks. Thats when i found this site, and yes, my leak is front top alittle bit towards drivers side, above my water pump. Isaw the thread on here with pics goin A to Z with tearin it down and fixing this, i was temted to go wiyj the Stop Leak B.S. that cost 60 bucks but decided not to After the following took place...... Which was instead of always purchaseing the more expensive G.M.Delco Branded Coolant, say like the one prestone makes? the last two jugs i put in were from O'reillys brand, only because it was on sale for about 12 bucks out the door as opposed to around 18 dollars, and yes, i made Dam sure to never use the green stuff, i know what mixin them can and will do, a freind of mine did that, had to replace everything in his coolant system,EVERYTHING! So anyways my leak stopped on it's own after about two juggs of the O'reillys brand, Whats up with That? Iwant to say because the weather has gotten Hot up here in Michigan, but i don't think thats all of it, this leaks been goin on for atleast three, maybe four years. Half a Jug every week wise, so i'll take it! knock on wood! And heres hope'n I'm done with it. I'll come back on here in a week or so, if anyone else does this and they get the same results, then i'm thinking the O'reillys had something to do with my Fix, t.t.u. all later.
I live in AZ (hot *** summer) and as soon as it hit 100 outside, i noticed my truck started dumping coolent and eventually started overheating if it was at a stop light for too long. I just flushed the system completely and put prestone in it... it seems to be working fine and it is running cool. I do know that when the dex cool was in it, the whole entire system was flithy and muddy. Keep in mind the radiator was replaced probably 25,000 miles ago. I just think that dex coolent is udder ****