Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   bad idle & fuel pressure (video) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/bad-idle-fuel-pressure-video-19251/)

99bravada 04-02-2008 06:43 PM

bad idle & fuel pressure (video)

Hey guys ..ive been browsing the forum now for a feww weeks and have read a lot about The problems ive been having and i have tried a lot of thing...Thak you all

As far as my problem ...i have a real rough idel and horribel gas mileage and a loss of power(atleast i think its a loss of power ..it hasnt ran right since ive had it) ...like 8 mpg..... well when i do the leakdown test it holds fine...but at idle its below 55.....the video i posted here showes idle,,and rev ..and bla bla bla......I was just wondering if this look normal or if someone can give me some insight

VIDEO LINK ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCMpsmiTXkw)

*Combining consecutive posts.

WOW nobody....well anyway one more thing ....when i first start it up......and it also happend after i disconnected the pressure gauge...it idels fine for about 8-12 seconds befor gradually getting into a shake

*EDIT-No need to bump a thread mere hours after your original post. Please be patient!

99bravada 04-02-2008 07:28 PM

RE: bad idle & fuel pressure (video)

WOW nobody....well anyway one more thing ....when i first start it up......and it also happend after i disconnected the pressure gauge...it idels fine for about 8-12 seconds befor gradually getting into a shake

swartlkk 04-02-2008 07:51 PM

Crap man, have some patience... Any codes (check engine light)?

How about cluing us in on what you have tried...? Be specific and detailed.

99bravada 04-02-2008 08:24 PM

p0410- secondary air injection ....but i wouldnt think that would do it ...i cleared the code and it took 2 days to come back..the only time it idels smoothly is when i first start it ...cold start ...or when i removed the fuel pressure meter and i had to crank t a few times to get the fuel back into it (from what leaked out of the line)..it also ideld smooth for about 10 seconds until i touched the gas....i replaced the egr valve...checked all the vaccume lines..did a seafoam and butterfly cleaning.......i pulled a lot of sensors to see if it made a diffrence in running ...i did the plugs wires and cap airfilter umm nothing else i can think of off hand ......as far as the secondary air injection all the brackets are broken and its kind of dangling because there was a small accident in the front ..but the canister itself seemed intack and all the lines are hooked up ....also somthing you mighr want to know it that the car sat in a field for 2 years and was never ran ...

portcqb 04-02-2008 08:41 PM

Well as far as the code taking 2 days to come back. Is that also going somewhere and coming home say twice if so that is normal for some codes. After you clear it the system sometimes needs to relearn specs. Also when you say rough idle what are we talking 10,20,50,100 rpm spikes and dips or what. Also my 97 running fine only gets like 13mpgs my rear brakes drag slightly I think though.

99bravada 04-02-2008 10:12 PM

i went just over 50 miles till it came back ...cost me 15 bucks in gas....when you look at the tach on the das it dosnt really move ...its just a shake ..i dont know....its a shake you feel ...like my passenfer side seat shakes really fast if knowones sitting in it ...the whole thing ..steering wheel everything....so i would say its more or a felling the shake i dont thing the rpms are really affecting it ...its not noticably going up and down ...nither visually on the tach or hearing it ...seems pretty steadt....its just shaking...i sit in the seat and have my arm on the steering weel ...my body shakes and my watch rattels

swartlkk 04-02-2008 10:15 PM

Is it the same if you drop it down into 3rd gear?

portcqb 04-03-2008 07:53 AM

Also does it shake in neutral or other gears?

99bravada 04-03-2008 11:30 AM

yeah its the same in any gear ...and nutral also

swartlkk 04-03-2008 11:35 AM

So that atleast narrows it down to an engine problem.