Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

blazer hesatate if I give it too much gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Beginning Member
Ron Johnson is on a distinguished road

Throttle is shine clean maf is too both are operating normal ...I'll do cap rotor and plugs and wires on Friday or Saturday

Old 05-27-2015, 07:39 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

How do you know the MAF is working normal? Were you able to get it tested?

Old 05-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member

No not tested but I unplugged it while running and it shut down so I just figured its working ...but I took off distrubuter cap worn pretty bad so I cleabd contact points a Lil and now it won't start so I'm pretty sure that's the problem ... Well I hope

Old 05-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Beginning Member

Didn't check that out yet bit I took off distributer cap and it was warn and all contact points were white and chalky so I tried to clean them up a bit and the rotor too put it back together and started it to make sure it all wires were in place ran fine 2 hrs later wouldn't start .....so I has to be cap and rotor but while I'm at it I'll do plugs too and let everyone know

Old 05-28-2015, 05:02 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Is this the same blazer from your other post "hesitates if I give it too much gas"? If it is, your hesitation and the miss you feel are probably the same problem. A/C delco are the only cap and rotor that perform reliably on these motors.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Beginning Member

Yep same blazer and I will get ac delco you are the third person to reccamend it ,thanks

Old 05-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The white chalky substance on the cap terminals is supposed to be there. The terminals in the cap are aluminum and they corrode. When the cap is installed, silicone dielectric grease is applied to the terminals to reduce/eliminate corrosion. When spark jumps the gap, the grease crystallizes. Without the grease, the cap terminals will corrode rapidly and shorten the life of the cap substantially.

Low fuel pressure and or volume will cause a misfire, an not necessarily set a DTC in memory. This thread explains: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eakdown-88305/ After completing both tests, post all 4 readings.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member
Default and yet another problem 99 blazer

K if u read my previous posts u will know I narrowed it down cap rotor plugs wires well I did the cap and rotor went to start it wouldn't start sooofor ****s and gigs I had someone turn key while I sprayed break fluid in the throttle started and stayed and stayed started until I stopped spraying but here is the kicker I just did fuel pump and filter 4-5weeks ago ...I can still here the pump kick on .... I'm stumped

Old 05-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Beginning Member

Help please: m going crazy

Old 05-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Beginning Member
Default lol rookie mistake

I ran out of gas lol I feel stupid the first time I ever ran out of gas in my life haha

Quick Reply: blazer hesatate if I give it too much gas