Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Busted Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Beginning Member
Luvthyblazer is on a distinguished road

I just did mine on a 97 blazer the other day took a few days to drop transmission/transfer out,
drop oil pan then that blasted front diff can be removed.

now if i were you,
and i just was in it for mount replacmet I would attempt to due it like this.

pull starter and you should have enouph room to operate on the passenger side easiest way to remove starter on 97 blazer is to remove the 02 sensor from y pipe it will slide right out good luck.

may want to drop the entire y pipe if you due i suggest cracking loose all o2 sensors for easy removal again later.

with just the o2 sensors out i think there will be enouph room to work.

you may find it easier to pull both axels and lower diff down it will not come out unless you drop pan first.

Oh and you cant drop pan unless tranny is back like 12 inches haha got to luv chevy for that only on 4 wheel drive models.

try this before lowering diff.
also lots more working room by pulling steering bar out use a 4" 3 jaw puller on tie rod ends and pitmal/idler joints. 4 locations in all no beating required with the jaw puller makes it sweet.

Last edited by Luvthyblazer; 04-18-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Thanks! still playing the waiting game...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fondo
Do you know if the energy suspension mounts interchange with the 1st gen blazers (s-10)? Thanks
they fit all 4.3's

Old 04-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

you shouldn't need to do any of that stuff. I changed mine a few times before i put a turn buckle in.

jack it up & take off both wheels & the oil filter skid. place a 2x6 & jack under your oil pan. remove the bolts, access from the front & wheel well openings. lift it up with the jack an inch or so. make sure not to smash your distributor. remove the mounts.

install is reverse. I dont know, it seemed pretty simple to me. bolts are a PITA to get to but ive seen worse.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Got my shiny new motor mounts in today =D

Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Got my shiny new motor mounts in today =D

Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM

It wasnt that bad was it!

If you dont mind me asking, how bad are the vibrations at a warmed up idle, in drive, with the air conditioner or heater on?

Like if you have a cup of coffee or water in the cup holder, can you see waves in it?

Sorry for the questions, its just that everyone says they are so rough. It's always nice to have extra opinions.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jsmz
It wasnt that bad was it!

If you dont mind me asking, how bad are the vibrations at a warmed up idle, in drive, with the air conditioner or heater on?

Like if you have a cup of coffee or water in the cup holder, can you see waves in it?

Sorry for the questions, its just that everyone says they are so rough. It's always nice to have extra opinions.
Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. I got them in......the mail haha. -resumes procrastination-

Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 AM

Well, my brother and I gave it our best shot tonight...I think I'm going to take it somewhere to get it done tomorrow...I feel so dirty.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM

haha that sucks. I keep forgetting i have the body lift, makes it a lot easier to get at the mounts.

Quick Reply: Busted Motor Mounts