Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

bye bye engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Beginning Member
TheNewKid is on a distinguished road
Unhappy bye bye engine

so i have to replace my engine after i let my friend drive my blazer for a while and she brings it back nocking got to love it lol i need to know whats the easyest way to take the engine out do i need to take the radiator support out and all that or is it just easy to leave it in and take the engine out? got to do this the easyest way i can cause codes likes to harras us about working on cars stupid government

96 chevy blazer s-10 4x4 4 door 4.3 vortec

Old 09-12-2010, 01:16 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing I would recommend is getting a service manual for your truck. It will explain the removal procedure.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I would agree with rriddle but that's just another reason I don't let anyone drive my car.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

It will come out with out takin the hood off or removing the radiator, but its a very tight squeeze. Id recomend pulling the hood off, and take the radiator out if your not very experienced with working on these trucks. You must drop the front differential down so the oil pan will clear it.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nemesis
It will come out with out takin the hood off or removing the radiator, but its a very tight squeeze. Id recomend pulling the hood off, and take the radiator out if your not very experienced with working on these trucks. You must drop the front differential down so the oil pan will clear it.
How did you do it? Where was the engine hoist connected ? I cannot picture it happening without removing the hood...soooo is it magic or what?

Old 09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

a low profile engine hoist used for vans, and the intake was off, thats why i recomended him to take the hood off.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Interesting, hmmm...I still cannot picture it coming out nice and easy, without 4 musclemen holding and twisting the engine, but then again, I have always taken the hood off and did it the easy way.
TheNewKid has some codes/covenants for his neighborhood and cannot have a disassembled vehicle around for very long. I think that is what you mean, right?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by croozer
...TheNewKid has some codes/covenants for his neighborhood and cannot have a disassembled vehicle around for very long. I think that is what you mean, right?
It's not unusual for city codes to prohibit things like that. It sure helps to keep things from looking trashy.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you can you dont have to do it all in one day. just position the hood on the truck after you get the engine out so it doesn't look tourn apart. Then you can take the engine in your garage. Idk about you but whenever something breaks or is about too I always want to know why it broke. Just saying I would reccomend a tear down. Cause if it's just a bad bearing, well bearings are alot cheaper then an engine. At that point though I would realy stress a detailed book that would expalin a tear down, cause theres alot of measuring.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
TheNewKid is on a distinguished road

well i have all data and a manual just wanted to know if theres any little tricks that the book wouldnt show, i got a brand new engine from a guy for 500 bucks so im happy got one hell of a deal the old engine i will be tearing down and possibly rebuildding ive never really worked on such a small truck im used to my old trucks where i can get under the hood and close the hood and still work on it, but i thank you for the info i will be posting the tear down and rebuild on here so this will be fun

Quick Reply: bye bye engine