Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Check engine light.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Check engine light.

I went to the airport this morning &the transmission made some rought gear changes then continued to run smoothly & the orange "check engine" light came on. This is the third time. Strangely on the same stretch oh motorway.

I do not do much driving on motorways and seldom get to run the car at 100kph. Maybe it does notlike going fast! (or possiblythe car does not like going to the airport?)

The firsttime the dealer checked the code. I don't recall the number but it was explained to me that the computerwas telling usthe engine speed was higher than the transmission speed (possibly a fault in the torque converter or a bit of dirt going through a valve or somthing). Anyway that time,they reset the computer & no further problems.. till late in January when I had the second error code, (samesymptom)so I booked the car in for a full service. During the service they quote "remove & refit 2-3 solenoid & flush transfer case & replace faulty solenoid in transmission. TCC faulty, tested & no further codes set, needs to be driven to recheck codes" unquote. The solenoidwas replaced @ NZ$132on top of NZ$530 for the service. They told me that that may have been the cause.

The Chevy guys here can only fit me in on the 31st to check the codes again & see whats wrong. There is no one else in Auckland that I know of who can check the codes. Suffice to say they tell me not to worry it won't break (- yet!!)

Unfortunately, being the only Chevy guys in townwith their main interestbeing the importing of Chevy trucks from the US & doing the RHD conversions,they are not really interestd in the older Blazers or their problems. Possibly also because they are imports from Japan.

I'm not too happy but will have to wait till the 31st. Anyone have a similar problem? Ring any bells?

Old 03-16-2008, 02:22 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Check engine light.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any thoughts what could be wrong?