Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   Clunk noise and P1441 code (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/clunk-noise-p1441-code-64188/)

97OregonBlazer 10-19-2011 06:21 PM

Clunk noise and P1441 code

Engine light came on last week but been so busy have not been able to get it check til' today. I went to autozone and they scanned it, came up saying:

Code: p1441

Failed- canister purge solenoid
Failed- Fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor

and on top of this there has been a clunk noise starting today. Left work and while driving home started hearing a clunk noise
at first thought it was coming from underneath but found it coming from engine. i have a video i made of it, (i have stock exhaust 97' blazer) So the whole time you will only hear the clunk noise.

clunk noise 97 blazer - YouTube

pettyfog 10-19-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 97OregonBlazer (Post 468059)
and on top of this there has been a clunk noise starting today. Left work and while driving home started hearing a clunk noise
at first thought it was coming from underneath but found it coming from engine. i have a video i made of it, (i have stock exhaust 97' blazer) So the whole time you will only hear the clunk noise.

Take your belt off and check all the pulleys for bearing noise and slop. Well, dont bother with the crank pulley..
;)

97OregonBlazer 10-19-2011 08:38 PM

yeah one of the pulleys is wiggling even at idle. so im not sure on what to do for that

pettyfog 10-19-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 97OregonBlazer (Post 468098)
yeah one of the pulleys is wiggling even at idle. so im not sure on what to do for that

Which pulley.. it's pretty important. If it's your ac pulley, could end up costing big bucks.

Whatever one it is.. replace it soon. Idler and tensioner pullys are fairly cheap.

trucktom 10-19-2011 10:54 PM

sounds like the cat is chunktifying itself and rattleing the peices in the muffler to me

Silver00LT 10-20-2011 05:24 AM

What is making that slight whistle after the noise? Like trucktom said it could be your cat self-destructing. When the exhaust is cooled down go out and shake the entire thing from underneath hitting it when your fist to see if you hear anything moving.

Those are weird codes just to be a warn out pulley. That is why I am leading towards cat self destruct. Did you smell rotten eggs on full acceleration before the noise then all of a sudden it lost the intense and/or disappeared?

97OregonBlazer 10-20-2011 04:04 PM

So i have codes for my canister purge solenoid, I just got my new fuel pump in today, and plan on putting it in this weekend. Not to mention it takes 15 seconds to start. just keeps crankin, crankin, crank then BAM. starts up.is this my canister purge solenoid causing it to take forever to start?

BlaziNator 10-20-2011 07:58 PM

:icon_twocents:Might check your exhaust heat shields and skid plates for rattle if you have aluminum ones.:icon_twocents: