Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Codes P0740, 0745 & 1860

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Beginning Member
mikepro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codes P0740, 0745 & 1860

Just came home from the inlaws on snow covered slippery roads and used 4wd to back into my garage. As I did so I noticed my engine lite on so I pulled out the reader and got the mentioned codes. Any Ideas as to what I am facing? I cleared the codes but it's to ugly out to go for another drive. I noticed nothing abnormal driving home around 70 to 80 kph. The tranny was a rebuilt installed about a year and a half ago and has been trouble free til now. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This will keep you busy for a bit:
P0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit
P0745 - Pressure Control Solenoid A <-- I'll have to see if I can find the sheet for this.
P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit

An interesting note, if you have an ignition switch problem, it can cause the transmission to not receive proper power causing these codes and potentially more.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Beginning Member

Now you got me thinking. Today was the first time this year that I used my command start to let the truck warm up. Like an idiot, I forgot to put the keys in the ignition, wife was yapping, you know how it is, hit the wipers to clear the snow off and they didn't work. Pulled a couple fuses while it was running to see if I had blown the fuse. Realized I had forgotten the keys when my foot touched the brake and the engine shut off. Hoping this might have caused something to set up the codes. Will have to go for a ride when the weather clears to see if codes come back. Will let you know. Thanks again.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
Default Found the Problem

It was between the seat and the steering column. When the truck was running in command start mode and the wipers didn't work I started pulling fuses to see if I had blown the wiper fuse. I obviously pulled the CLSTR fuse by mistake as it is the one located right above the wiper fuse. Took the truck for a ride today and all was well. PHEW!

Thanks again for your help swartlkk.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal! Hope that was the only issue and all remains well!