Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Distributor Removal!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Beginning Member
ShaneInsane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Distributor Removal!! HELP

Yes, I am having trouble removing my distribtor, I don't have the engine, In the Blazer at the moment... But I was wondering DO I have to have the engine in the Blazer or SHOULD I have it in the Blazer before I decide to remove it, or SHOULD I be able to remove it with out having the engine in the Blazer.. I mean I have the engine tore down to where you can see the pistons.. But I have thought about just waiting to change the distribtuor until I get the motor put back in, Does that sounds like a good idea or does it not matter I mean Im guessing that Im rite about having the engine in the blazer, before I remvoing the distribtor but I want a second opinon..

Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Distributor Removal!! HELP

As far as removing the distributor goes, remove the hold down bolt under the distributor and pull it out. You'll have to go through the whole process of timing the motor again when you go to put it back down in.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Beginning Member

Yes, I did remove the bracket that holds down the distribtor, But like I said I'll just wait until I get the motor back in before I worry about removing it ...

Old 09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm wondering what you are trying to do here? If you are rebuilding the engine, pulling the distributor will be necessary for the removal of the intake and heads. If you are just swapping motors from vehicle to vehicle, then it may not be necessary if you are careful. The destributor is one of those things that can get broken during the removal and/or installation of the engine.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Beginning Member

Well I did get it out and I have almost got the engine put back together, I just had to pry up on it a lil bit but yes I do have another distribtor, if I do damge one.. SO no worrys, But I did get it out with out damging it.. THANKS..

Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

so whats the plan.
Why are you pulling hte engine?