Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

HELP - AM I HAVING 4x4 TROUBLE???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 PM
lad446 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP - AM I HAVING 4x4 TROUBLE???!!!

I have a 95 Chevy Blazer LS and of late it has been doing some really wierd stuff. About a month ago it started making a wierd noise that made it sound more like a motorcycle than a car. The noise gets louder when I slow down. I was on my way to Aamco to check it out and then it stopped. They checked my transfer case and said it was fine.

Two days ago, when starting my car, my navigation system (I have a Pioneer AVIC D3) did not load. I turned the engine on and off twice but the same problem. The colors on the side of the system kept changing which means it was getting power, but it did not load. I drove all the way home, pulled into the garage, turned off the engine and on a whim thought lets turn the car on again. This time, the AVIC D3 loaded!

Yesterday I was on the freeway and all of a sudden I thought the engine was a little loud...I take great care of this car and the engine is very quiet and she usually purrs like a kitten. Being that I was on the highway and travelling at a pretty steady rate, I had no way to gage that the same problem had returned until I slowed down and I heard the "motorcycle-like" noise.

This morning I was trying to figure out what had gone wrong again and I started playing around with the 4x4 buttons on the dash. If I hit 4-hi the noise stops but every now and again, I feel a thumping from under the car. However I can feel that the front wheel have NOT ENGAGED. When I switch back to 2-hi, the noise starts again. If I am sitting in N or completely parked and try to engage the 4-lo, it will not even engage at all (the light doesn't flash - nothing) in fact it throws me back to 2-hi!

What is going on with my truck???!!!! Does anyone know???!!! And does anyone know what this is going to cost me???!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: HELP - AM I HAVING 4x4 TROUBLE???!!!

*Thread Closed - Duplicate Thread*