Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Frustrated Wife & Mother Non working 4wd stealing my husband and son!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I see no problems running that wire to another ground, known good ground.

That wire eventually grounds at both the G105 & G103 points which are located at the back of each cylinder head. Those ground points service a LOT of systems so isolating the stray voltage on the line could prove difficult.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:30 PM
needabiz is on a distinguished road
Default bad idea

ok bad idea obviously the ground wire or body relay block for that ground wire does serve a purpose when i hook up the isolated grounds the 4wd hi or lo wont fully engage you can hear it initiate but not not complete, but the 2hi always engages. working on next idea.. not sure what it is yet....

Old 12-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Default bad idea

any idea on g105 and g103 location? figured i should look into the body relay block but 1. not sure on the location 2. if its the body "relay" block is the body relay block actually a releay that could be a problem? or could i just be simply dealing with the wrong wire lol, what happend to the good old lever and lockout systems!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A ground is a ground. Grounding independent of the stock wiring, provided the ground location is a good ground (measure resistance to battery negative), will not cause any adverse effects.

G105 & G103 are located on the back of each cylinder head as I stated above. The body relay block is located behind the glove box and is just one of the locations that also use the same ground as the TCCM E16 pin.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Default signal relay from encoder motor

I checked out the 2 body relay blocks 1 on the drivers side and everything seems to check out. I checked box behind glove compartment and all wires are clean and are making contact. I have the ground wire on the encoder motor (black/white stripe wire) spliced and when isolated the motor turns and shifts back and forth from 2hi and 4hi and the 4hi lights contine to flash. While 4hi is engaged and I touch the opposite end of that same ground wire (black/white) and reattach to the computer the 4hi stops flashing and stays in 4hi. It will also go back into 2hi with no issues. Can't figure out how to make it work without physically having to reconnect the tccm line back and forth from the encoder motor. Beginning to think nothing wrong with E16...I just seem to get lost with that ground wire with the black and white stripe. It zeros out and is traced back to F12 on the clip. thanks for any help.....snowing like crazy here in Indy..

Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Something is definitely acting screwy. As I said, a ground is a ground. If the TCCM is reacting to you using a different ground point, to me that says that the TCCM is malfunctioning.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Default tccm

i Need to contact the guys i bought it from luckily it has a 1 year warranty. if by chance it is the tccm if i get it checked out should it give me an error code? I feel like i'm just running in circles, thank you again for your help

Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Administrator

You may want to take a step back and trace the wiring to make sure that you have all of it properly connected. You really only have to deal with the ones that share a color with another wire in the connector. The wiring schematics are posted in the Tech Article (DIY) section.